Sign in to follow this  
Lessa_Soong

Best Riker moments

What is your favorite Riker moment?

I always thought one of the best bit of drama and acting from him was the moment when he is looking over Data's Schematics and sees his off switch. He smiles and then grimaces. It was a cool bit of acting without even a word spoken.

I am not much on Riker, but that one scene was pretty good, even though I want to slap that man for the other courtroom scenes! He did have good moments throughout TNG, but, that makes it more difficult to name a particular episode. But, it also is tough, cause he is one of my LEAST liked characters!

I liked that scene too. I think Frame of Mind was Jonathan Frakes' best episode. The worst Riker episode was Shades of Gray - the clip show at the end of season 2. I liked Schisms too (not just for Ode to Spot). My favourite Riker line for now is "the only way we knew we'd come out of warp was from looking out a window" in Brothers. :wow:

I luved Riker in Manage a Troi, Man of the People and Second Chances... it shows his Luv for Deanna.. but he looks really cute hehe

Ricker has his MOments in every show

I liked his convo with Data in "Bonding" (still haven;t seen all of that one - my tape ends about 5 minutes after that convo and it hasn't been on again since), and Frame of Mind. The Measure of Man scene was ok, but I really liked his last words to Data at the end. (more Data/Riker conversations. I'd just like you all to know that it's not JUST because of Data that I like those scenes, lol. It's a coincedence!)

No, seriously! I like the convos, not the people saying them (ok, I do like the person saying them but that;s not the point!)

Frame of Mind was my favorite Riker Episode for sure, but it's been forever and a day since I've seen it. I just watched The Best of Both Worlds and he has a lot of good moments in it. I love the part when Lt. Comander Shelby says to him "You're in my way" and he looks at her with a smirk and says "Oh really. how terrible for you."

I also liked the conversation between him and Troi in Ten Forwad when he's talking about getting older.

Yes, he is. He REALLY bugs me in that way (but he has enough good moments that I don't HATE him. Which reminds me...the Doctor! :bow: grrrr)