Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Why Do We Get Items In The Mail We Didn't Order?

Yesterday, I got 2...Books.

I never heard of them before, and never placed an order or anything..

and it said that I'd be getting more Next month...

But the thingie with it did say...

"No Obligation To Keep Or Buy Them"

So...I didn't ask for them...I'm not paying for them.

And last month, I got the Eminem Show from MGM, without ordering it. Not paying for it either.

And besides...I think I may still owe them for something I did order..hmm...but maybe not..I'll have to check :laugh:

So...I didn't ask for them...I'm not paying for them.

Fine but if you keep em you're asking for it, send them back or eventually you will begin to get "past due" bills with added interest charges and they WILL NOT STOP. Next the acct will be turned over to a Collection agency and the only way to put a stop to the harassment will be to either pay the bill or take it to court.

One time... our house got a new cable channel. Funny thing is... we didn't have cable. It came through our intenna, bad reception, but good enough to watch movies and stuff. We didn't say anything, just enjoyed it till we stopped getting it. :laugh:

If it's a promotional item and you didn't request it you don't have to pay for it -like all those labels and calendars asking for donations. However, if you belong to a club that automatically ships things then you do need to work it out with them.

If they insist that you ordered this item and you don't pay for it,it could mar your credit rating.When I was a teen I ordered tons of stuff from mail-order places(CDs,Videos,etc),and didn't pay for them.To this day,more than a decade later my credit rating is still lousy.I can't even get a Texaco gas card! :laugh:

Well, the first thing you need to do is to make sure you haven't joined any "book of the month" clubs lately. Like The UnicornHunter said, many clubs (music and books) will send you their "selection of the month" unsolicited. It's up to you to return them before a specific date, or you will be charged for them. If you haven't joined any clubs, and these books just showed up, the law says you don't have to pay for them. Do your research or your credit rating could be shredded!!