Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

Soliton Waves

I remember watching an episode of TNG where they created a soliton wave that could carry a ship at warp with without warp engines. The wave is created by a machine on a planet surface and then picks up a ship and carries it. A second machine is used to dissapate the wave but it doesn't work. The wave grows very powerful and is very difficult to stop. It basically detroys anything in its path. If they built a large ship that could generate the wave you could take out alot of ships on one shot. This could have been very useful in DS9 when they approached Cardassia in the last episode. It would do a profound amount of damage. What do you think?

I don't think the solition wave would work very effectivly as a weapon..

The Enterprise was able to disolve the wave with only a few photon torpedoes even though the wave had grown a lot in size and magnitude.

Stardate:213603.9

I don't think the solition wave would work very effectivly as a weapon..

The Enterprise was able to disolve the wave with only a few photon torpedoes even though the wave had grown a lot in size and magnitude.

Agreed but the concept is interesting.Possibly making modifcations to the machines you could make it stronger maybe