Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

Episode 2 Spoilers/"anomaly"

Check out these spoilers from episode two that appeared at Trektoday. Jonathan, Jonathan, Jonathan.....you have grown a pair. Morally ambiguous indeed. Sounds tasty. Attention ladies and gentlemen we have left the 24th century and all its nobility.

Click for Spoiler:

Set approximately two weeks later, "Anomaly" revolves around an attack by a group of aliens known as the Ventaxians. The Enterprise crew drives the boarders off and follows them back to their base, a large sphere which has its own cloaking device.

When Xindi material is found on the sphere, Archer becomes obsessed about finding further information on the mysterious species. Convinced that the Ventaxians have material that could be of use in their databanks, Archer "uses airlock decompression to force the Ventaxian to reveal important codes". This reckless act leads the crew to speculate that the Delphic Expanse could be taking its toll on their captain......

Wow!!!!! :)

Stardate:213603.8

Only 32 days 22hours 55minutes 34 seconds 12586566...yes sir till Enterprises 3rd season!!!!!!!!!!I cant wait that long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, Ventaxians were in Devil's Due (TNG). Could this be the same race or another race with the same name? Or have the writers lost originality? Episode still sounds good.

I'd have no problem if they reuse races over again. However, I don't think they'll be using the original Ventaxians. Of course, it could be the same race since the Klingons first made contact with them and the Klingons have been in the Delphic Expanse. Anyway, it would just seem odd if there were two races with the same name.

dont get me wrong, i love trektoday....however i like to keep my eyes "on the bird", thus meaning i dont believe in speculation. While they may have a good source, there is no substitute for straight from the horses mouth is there?

If I remember correctly (I did not go re-watch Devils Due) there was nothing stated or implied the events of DD was a First Contact with the Ventaxian's.

According to the reference book Captains Logs (page 101) there is an TAS episode of the same name and nearly the same circumstances. Paraphrased; Responding to a distress signal from a solar system that should not exist the Ent. arrives at Neuterra. Upon beaming down they find a paradise and a profound sadness cause the world is going to be destroyed in 20 days, that is when a 1000 year old contract with a being named Komether will be up. Twist on the tale...

Click for Spoiler:

In this version Kirk discovers the being Komether is a construct of the Neuterra own imaginations