Sign in to follow this  
roguedawg

Aaarrghhhh!

I am so mad!!!!Man,the local cops are @!*$!! I just got a $76 ticket because my car is 'dirty'.Big deal!I wash it every weekend.This city sucks and so does its police force.They come into my neighborhood(just to bash local gays for the most part) and start issuing boatloads of citations for everything they can imagine or make up and the city thinks its fine and dandy.Stupic highway patrol freaks should be on the @!!#! HIGHWAY!!!!Okay,I've vented some steam.I'm okay.That felt good. :unsure:

Oh,I'm totally serious.Seventy-six bucks for a dirty car!The exact same cop(looks like Porky from the movie Porky's)was giving this old man a hard time yesterday at a neighborhood store.Now this old man sits on a bench in front of the store all the time,he's done it for years and never bothers anybody.The store doesn't have a problem with him,either.But this Highway Patrol butthead was badgering him about loitering and I basically told him to leave the guy alone.My mistake I guess.The idiot that gave me the ticket was the same slob.And he'll get away with it,too.I am not gay but I live in a well known "gay" area in my hometown.The cops just love cruising through and busting everybody's chops,because as far as they're concerned everybody who lives here,from the kids on up,is gay or lesbian.Our mayor,judges,and city council are all podunk,super religious,extremely anti-gay,and thus allow the harassment to continue unabaited.So,I guess I'll either have to clean-out my garage and start parking my car there,or wash it everyday so it doesn't get towed at my expense(which was threatened on my citation).It sucks.

Is that really a city ordinance - that cars must be washed? What violation did the ticket list? You have to have violated a specific code in order to get a ticket. I think I'd be calling the city council or there must be a news channel that specializes in "breaking" stories. Write to your congressman. If all else email Bill O'Reilly or John Stoessel- I think that qualifies for their respective ridiculous item segments. This just makes me mad and I don't even live in California. It's just wrong.

Here's the thing. If the car is parked in your drive way or yard, who cares if it's filthy? As long as you windows are clean enough to safely drive, what does it matter? I'm telling you, if the car was parked in the drive-way or whatever, fight this, especially if your windows were cleaned. You can't give someone a citation for having a dirty car anymore than someone with a messy house.

Yeah,I'm going to fight this.This citation is totally bull.Just a few minutes ago a neighbor of mine came home in a cab.Dudley Do-right highway patrolman Porky had her car towed because her tags are 6-days expired.I have my car in my garage for the time being.There's no way I'm giving the city $76 because my car was 'dirty'.And I don't even feel it was that.It was a little dusty,that's it.

I need to know more before I can form an opinion. Where I live we have a law about having your licence plate obstructed which includes having a dirty one. If the police see something suspicious happening with a car and they can't see the licence plate how they can't run a check on it.

Really! I'm going to be a cop but I'm never gonna be a cop that gives $70+ tickets for a dirty car. Maybe you should fight the ticket in court. Chances are the cop wont show up and you'll automatically win the case. Case closed.

Well, I can understand an expired tag. That's reason to get a ticket, but arround where I live, you have a good chance of the cop letting you go if it's only expired a few days ago, knowing you're probably heading to get a new tag in the next day or so.

Oh,I'm totally serious.Seventy-six bucks for a dirty car!The exact same cop(looks like Porky from the movie Porky's)was giving this old man a hard time yesterday at a neighborhood store.Now this old man sits on a bench in front of the store all the time,he's done it for years and never bothers anybody.The store doesn't have a problem with him,either.But this Highway Patrol butthead was badgering him about loitering and I basically told him to leave the guy alone.My mistake I guess.The idiot that gave me the ticket was the same slob.And he'll get away with it,too.I am not gay but I live in a well known "gay" area in my hometown.The cops just love cruising through and busting everybody's chops,because as far as they're concerned everybody who lives here,from the kids on up,is gay or lesbian.Our mayor,judges,and city council are all podunk,super religious,extremely anti-gay,and thus allow the harassment to continue unabaited.So,I guess I'll either have to clean-out my garage and start parking my car there,or wash it everyday so it doesn't get towed at my expense(which was threatened on my citation).It sucks.

I would get on the phone to you local chapter of the ACLU. They'll probably provide you with legal counsel free of charge.

Do you live in a Ritzy or upscale neighborhood? If you do, there may be a different spin on this story. If the neighborhood is dedicated to maintaining an upscale image then the wealthier residents may be pressuring the police to help maintain that quality. Dirty cars and homeless people would be targets. Just a thought. You weren't specific as to what type of neighborhood you lived in.