Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Keith Richards A Tipsy Pirate

Keith Richards A Tipsy Pirate

Posted: 2006-09-22 13:59:55

Keith Richards was so unsteady while filming his cameo for the new 'Pirates of the Caribbean' film the director had to hold his feet still.

Richards, who was shooting his scenes for the third movie, 'At World's End,' in California, emerged from his trailer looking shaky on his feet, according to crew members.

Richards, who plays Captain Jack Sparrow's father in the new movie, was wobbling about so much that director Gore Verbinski had to lie down on the floor and hold his ankles to keep him steady while he filmed his cameo.

Johnny Depp, who stars as Captain Jack, modeled his character on the legendary musician and spent months trying to persuade Richards to play his father in the third installment of the pirate adventures.

Depp recently said: "I sort of thought that pirates would be The Rock 'n' roll stars of the 18th century. And the greatest rock 'n' roll star of all time is Keith Richards, hands down."

Depp has also revealed he loved preparing for his role with Richards and says the musician looked "gorgeous" dressed up as a pirate.

He said: "We did get together in a hotel room and dress up as pirates. He looked beautiful in the clothes and his hair was in dreads. Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!"

Someone tell me how Keith Richards is still alive??? <_<

I think putting KR in the next film could be a mistake.

Jack does not act the way he does because of who his father is. He acts that way, according to CotBP, because he went slightly mad during the time of his exile alone on that island. Unless that explanation given in Black Pearl was told in jest?

I think putting KR in the next film could be a mistake.

Jack does not act the way he does because of who his father is. He acts that way, according to CotBP, because he went slightly mad during the time of his exile alone on that island. Unless that explanation given in Black Pearl was told in jest?

It could very well have been in jest. I think it may be hard to go slightly mad in the course of three days (which is how long Jack was actually on the island before he bought passage on a run runner ship). Jack merely claimed he was there longer, probably to build up his reputation.

Well, Johnny Depp has said that he used Keith Richards for an inspiration for Jack Sparrow, so why not include him?