Sign in to follow this  
Tom Phaserman

New Orleans is loving Bush!

Hell of a title, huh? No, this has nothing to do with Politics, sorry guys.

The New Orleans Saints made some good moves this off-season. Drew Brees has given their offense new life, and their new Rookie is showing some potential.

As much as I hated seeing the Packers lose yesterday, I think it's good to see the Saints looking decent again. I think a competitive Saints team could be just what the doctor ordered for the battered city of New Orleans. This team is in possition to possibly start 3-0. Doing this would be wonderful. Doing so at the Superdome, in New Orleans (The first game played there since Hurricane Katrina) and against division rival Atlanta may be just what is needed to kick-start the city's healing process.

Professional Football may seem trivial compared to the ongoing struggle to rebuild the Crescent City, but what having a good Saints team could do for the City cannot be measured. For the first time since the hurricane, the City will have something to FEEL GOOD ABOUT. If the Saints make a run for the playoffs, the spirits in New Orleans could soar. They would become a symbol for their city, rising from the hardship. And it would send a message. Like the Patriots winning the Superbowl after 9/11, a strong Saints team will say "Hello, World! We're Back!"

Sometimes, it's the seemingly little things that can make all the difference.

Dispite being a loyal Packers fan, I must say this, and I do mean it: GO SAINTS!