Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Going back to "Shockwave"

In Shockwave we saw Earth a devastated wasteland. Could this be a result of Archer missing from the timeline and being unable to stop the Xindi's second attack? Just a theory.

I think that is a definite possibility. I had wondered if the Romulans allied with the Xindi and the destruction shown in the 30th century was the result. We have no idea when it was supposed to have happened. The only things we have to go on are:

1. The Romulan Star Empire was referenced in a book Archer removed from the shelf. So the Romulans are known to Earth by the time Earth was destroyed.

2.Archer commented that it looked like it the destruction occurred long ago.

3. There in no digitalization of information--books in the library, instead of computers.

4. Starfleet (or was it the Federation) was never formed, because a certain monument wasn't erected.

I think it will be interesting to see if there is a Xindi/Romulan connection.

That sure does seem to fit. It will be very interesting to see how this all ties together. I am looking forward to what the PTB have in store for us even more. *checks main page to see how much time till season 3 on the countdown clock*

In Shockwave we saw Earth a devastated wasteland. Could this be a result of Archer missing from the timeline and being unable to stop the Xindi's second attack? Just a theory.

I don't think so, though it does look to fit. The reason I don't think so is because while Archer is in the devastated future they go into a library which contains books that are of future topics. For instance the book about the Romulan Star Empire. If Earth were destroyed by the Xindi then no one would have been around to write that book.

I believe that Earth was a devistated wasteland becuase of the moon colony insident, remember Daniel said that it was erased from the timeline. ANYTHING, that happens in the past can change future events. I really do not think that Archer being pulled to help that century would cause devistation, he would just travel to see what had accomplished from forming the Federation.

:unsure: Bel Ami ;)

I don't think so, though it does look to fit. The reason I don't think so is because while Archer is in the devastated future they go into a library which contains books that are of future topics. For instance the book about the Romulan Star Empire. If Earth were destroyed by the Xindi then no one would have been around to write that book.

True but do we know when the second attack by the Xindi would have happened? Is it possible that it could have been 1 year later or 50 years later?

True but do we know when the second attack by the Xindi would have happened? Is it possible that it could have been 1 year later or 50 years later?

It's implied by Future Guy that time is of the essence and while there is some time to prepare there isn't much time until the next attack. It would be like if Japan attacked Pear Harbor in 1941 but didn't plan on any further attacks until 1991. So we have to assume that the next attack is going to be within months of the first attack.

It's implied by Future Guy that time is of the essence and while there is some time to prepare there isn't much time until the next attack. It would be like if Japan attacked Pear Harbor in 1941 but didn't plan on any further attacks until 1991. So we have to assume that the next attack is going to be within months of the first attack.

It must be a little longer than a few months if Archer is going to stop it. Didn't they say in The Expanse that it would take 8 months to reach the Delphic Expanse.

It must be a little longer than a few months if Archer is going to stop it. Didn't they say in The Expanse that it would take 8 months to reach the Delphic Expanse.

It may be 8 months or 1 year off but I don't believe there would be enough time for humanity to meet the Romulans and have books written about the Romulan Star Empire in that short time. The book from Shockwave part II indicates to me that humanity went beyond Archers time far enough to have dealings with the Romulans and to get to know them well enough to have books written about them. At this point we only know that the Romulans don't want people in their space.

I believe that Earth was a devistated wasteland becuase of the moon colony insident, remember Daniel said that it was erased from the timeline. ANYTHING, that happens in the past can change future events. I really do not think that Archer being pulled to help that century would cause devistation, he would just travel to see what had accomplished from forming the Federation.

:unsure: Bel Ami ;)

Daniels never said the moon colony incident was erased from the timeline. He said it wasn't supposed to happen.

Anywho, you're right. In theory, since Archer was brought to the future to be protected and with the intention of being sent back, yeah, Archer should have come to a "good" 31st century. Instead, things went aweful wrong and Archer and Daniels ended up in a nightmarish 31st century where Earth was devastated.

I actually don't believe it has to do with the Xindi at all. That was a future formed without Archer, and most likely, the NX-01.

Now, the Federation was never formed, history was changed. So, in the 26th century (It was the 26th century, right?), Earth, which is a member of the Federation, never destroyed the Xindi homeworld.

All so, I just get the feeling that the Xindi super weapon won't leave any rock behind (what I mean is, there won't be a Earth left).

:unsure:

I think it's far more likely that the devestated 31st century Earth that Archer and Daniels experrience was directly in relation to the Romulan War that should be seen in the later seasons of the show. Why else would there be a referrence to the Romulans when archer looks at a random book and reads, "Romulan Star Empire?"