Sign in to follow this  
cyphrx

Rocky movies

Yo

I just bought the entire set of Rocky Dvds, and have to say that I really love these films. Everytime I see Rocky get ready for his next fight gets me pumped to work out intensively on my own (then of course I get lazy and sit right back down.) But I enjoy watching all these movies over and over again and will almost never get tired watching it (even the 80's soundtrack Rocky IV...HEARTS ON FIRE RULES!) Am I a freak or is anyone else with me in this thinking?

I saw all of the Rocky movies in the movies when they came out with the exception of "Rocky". They were really good movies though Rocky V left a little to be desired.

with the exception of V they were all good, and yes i love the rocky soundtrack, yes also hearts on fire, i have the rocky collection soundtrack, which is stuff from all four movies, it was before V came out. so your not alone.

I liked all the Rocky films except Rocky V,the best of the lot has to be Rocky IV with the good soundtrack and the best part for me being Rocky's training he does in Russia just before his big fight.

:clap:

I liked all the Rocky films except Rocky V,the best of the lot has to be Rocky IV with the good soundtrack and the best part for me being Rocky's training he does in Russia just before his big fight.

:clap:

I agree about Rocky V, it wasn't the best of the bunch. My favorite was Rocky III though.

I didn't mind Rocky V. Sure it wasn't the best out of the lot, but it did have it's moments. My personal fav was Rocky II. That scene where he's running with all the children was really done well. Although the work out theme music in both Rocky III and IV were great and is a good motivator during a work out.

:bow:

I agree about Rocky V, it wasn't the best of the bunch. My favorite was Rocky III though.

VBG, I agree about Rocky III. I always thought Clubber Lang (Mr. T) was one of the all-time great movie villains.

Also, I thought Rocky V was not bad. Granted, it was not the best of the series.

The main thing I did not like about IV was the death of Apollo Creed.

The main thing I did not like about IV was the death of Apollo Creed.

Total agreement here, I hated that they killed Apollo and that alone turned me off on the movie.

I have them all on VHS, although I only think the first two were any good. IMO the first Rocky was an absolute classic that was award nominated, however poor sequels have led to people forgetting how great the first film was.

I have noticed one connection, both franchises have been unlucky with the number 5. :bow:

Rocky IV was def the best, remember the training in the old barn in Russia, those situps are a killer. I used to do them myself in my younger days when I was doing training, still it is a good film and yes I agree with you in the fact I didn't like Creed getting killed off, after the way he helped Rocky through his bad patch in Rocky III after Mickey died and then later becoming best mates.

Ok, I've re-watched Rocky, Rocky II and Rocky III now. One thing that sticks out about I and II is Burgess Merideth. He was such a talented actor. His acting in these movies was brilliant.

Ok, I've re-watched Rocky, Rocky II and Rocky III now. One thing that sticks out about I and II is Burgess Merideth. He was such a talented actor. His acting in these movies was brilliant.

Especially in Rocky I. The part where he almost gives up on Rocky was masterful.

Especially in Rocky I. The part where he almost gives up on Rocky was masterful.

They probably could have cast anyone as Rocky, though Stalone was great in the role I think if they didn't get Burgess Merideth as Micky the movie wouldn't have been half of what it was.