Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Shatner,Nimoy Returning To Trek?

Shatner and Nimoy Back for Next Trek?

Posted Aug 31st 2006 6:05PM by Erik Davis

Filed under: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Paramount, RumorMonger, Fandom, DIY/Filmmaking, Remakes and Sequels

And the rumors continue to swirl around Star Trek XI, folks. Not long after an "unnamed studio source" basically told all trekkies/trekkers (that's right, I'm including everyone) to (I'm trying to misspell a badword but can't) off because J.J. Abrams and the gang were going to spit out a Trek film on their own terms (with or without fan approval), word comes from Spock (Leonard Nimoy) himself that some of our old friends may be appearancing in the new flick.

Up until this point, we knew William Shatner (Captain Kirk) was involved in casting choices, but weren't sure whether that meant he would also show up on screen. After all, the plot is said to revolve around a young Kirk and Spock as they begin their Academy training. Despite this, according to Nimoy, there may still be room for the classic duo to reunite. He says, "The head of production at Paramount called my agency to tell them about this project and they are aware of Bill's and my contribution to the franchise, and they'd like us to know they might want some involvement. It was all very, very general. They might possibly want Bill and I to set up the story as a flashback. But that's just conjecture on my part."

Hmm, why do I immediately envision an older Kirk and Spock, gathering a group of kids around a campfire and opening Star Trek XI by saying something along the lines of, "Ya know kids, Spock and I were right around your age when we first met. In fact, we were just about to begin our Academy training ..."? Ugh. I'm not crazy about it. You?

More grist for the rumor mill..... :P