Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Dress Uniforms

We haven't seen the crew or Admiral Forrest in dress uniform yet. This is what I found in an interview with Robert Blackman about the uniforms (this dates before the series premiere.)

Charles "Trip" Tucker III (Connor Trinneer) joins Mayweather and Archer in the strategy room. All three characters have their suits slightly unzipped. Underneath they wear black shirts. "They'd only keep the suits zipped all the way if it was a formal occasion," Blackman explains. "The suits are made so that they're easy to get into and out of. We want them to looked lived in."

from

http://www.usaweekend.com/01_issues/010923..._uniforms4.html

I recall seeing Reed snug the zipper a little higher when he'd go in the Captain's Ready Room or Mess.

Maybe we'll see dress uniforms as the show progresses. I'd like that as long as they still have a functional look about them, and don't look too pompish.

Haven't you heard? Dress uniforms have been replaced with Starfleet standard blue issue underwear. Laughs. No, I think your right, we haven't seen dress uniforms. I'd like to see that someday, but they will have to return to Earth before they can pick some up, so don't expect to see them in this season... unless they ignore that like they did with the phasers on Voyager. Ever wonder how they managed to aquire the more ergonomic phaser on Voyager on I think it was the second or third season. Laughs again.

Bolivar out.

If the Quarter Master can create clothing to match that of the inhabitants of a planet (Civilization), then he/she shouldn't have any trouble with dress uniforms. By the way, wouldn't the replicators take care of that? I'm sure they've already had to replace numerous uniforms with as many as Archer, Trip and Reed have destroyed.

If the Quarter Master can create clothing to match that of the inhabitants of a planet (Civilization), then he/she shouldn't have any trouble with dress uniforms. By the way, wouldn't the replicators take care of that? I'm sure they've already had to replace numerous uniforms with as many as Archer, Trip and Reed have destroyed.

Yeah, they really should have dress uniforms for formal meetings and when they offically have a first meeting with other species. And getting it from a Quartier Master (like in Civilization as you mention it, Lt Riann) sounds logical to me.

The usuall overalls always reminds me on working clothes.

Hopefully the designers will give them more practial dress uniforms and not ones like the poor guys from TNG had to wear.

Oh, I forgot. No replicators on Enterprise. I guess the Quarter Master has to turn the afterburners on the old Singer to keep up with Archer, etc.! :look:

I agree with CJLP, it would probably advance later on in the series. I would like to see the traditional uniforms rather than what they are wearing now, I mean the designer who came up with that thing must really like working under cars or something.... :unsure:

;) Bel Ami :bow:

They have to have dress uniforms already. I'm sure the officers have attended several formal functions (on Earth) . And I'm sure the officers brought one along - they are officers.

I want to see them wear them.