Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

I love this place!

Alright, so after a week or so of checking out another message board, this one run by the gaming clan X-Fleet (www.x-fleet.net), I have determined that I love STF. Here, we can discuss our varying views on many things, from Worf's haircut to Joe Lieberman's Eyebrows without flaming each other, or getting...well, rude. X-Fleet has no such standards. During my time there, I earned the respect of several members, but a few (More numerous than those who seemed to like me) seemed to take every shot at me they could. I'll be sending a note to a friend of mine, who is a staff member there, expressing my thanks for allowing me to check it out. Also, I will be tendering my "Resignation" from the board, citing that the atmopshere there...well, it just ain't exactly the friendly, welcoming kind of place that one would look for in an online community. I know, this is more of a blog post and a rant about a sub-par message board, but Hey, I figured, most people don't read my blogs, but alot of people would read this. So, there it is. I love this place. The conduct of the members here is a credit to the leadership: VBG, AE, and the entire moderating staff, who work hard to keep this place nice. Thanks mod-squad, and to all the members who keep this place enjoyable.

Sincerly,

The Jimmy

By the way, I invited two of the leaders of that board, known there as

-=XFS=- -=Z=- and -=XFS=- Darkshadow to come over here and check it out, compare, and contrast. Hopefully, they will understand why I am a "Dissatisfied Customer" so to speak

I didn't get banned, just a vBulletin malfunction. Funny, stuff like that doesn't happen on Invision Boards (Powerboards or InvisionFree). I wouldn't really have been bothered if I did get banned, though. WHat's it gonna do? Hurt my "Message Board Credit Score"?

By the way, here's an interesting comparison between the two boards:

Startrekfans.net

Members: 2096

X-Fleet.net

Members: 866

These stats are as of about 5 minutes prior to the edit time on this post

Edited by Krissy Phaserman