Sign in to follow this  
Trekmachine

New Poster Sends Clues to Direction of Next Movie

From startrek.com:

A picture, even a mere image that hints at a broader picture, can instantly give you a snapshot of things to come.

The production team that now holds the creative reins for the next Star Trek movie project has released a piece of artwork this weekend (to coincide with Comic-Con) that provides a Polaroid of an era past, as well as a vision yet to be revealed. With this familiar imagery, the direction of the next movie is now officially open to speculation.

J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof are the film's producers; Bryan Burk, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are executive producers. The film is slated for release in 2008.

The first people to get their hands on this iconic image are those who visit the Paramount Pictures booth this morning at Comic-Con in San Diego.

Three versions of this image are available now as Desktops and AIM Icons.

stxi_800.jpg

Edited by Takara_Soong

Ok, Star Trek officially lives again! (IMO)

120x90.jpg

:bow::bow::bow:

I concur. I like the new poster, I even set it as my background.

Actually when I go to shut down my computer, it goes to black and white, it looks pretty good like that as well.

As in clues to the new direction, definitely signals the involvement of the TOS Enterprise as that ship exclusively used that emblem in those days. The yellow and blue background definitely signal Kirk and Spock (and possibly McCoy). I think we're definitely looking at something in the canon gap between Turnabout Intruder and Star Trek the Motion Picture a la New Voyages.

I'm excited about it as well..I like the new poster..It does make a good windows background..

As Spock might say Fascinating quite a teaser but a decent first poster for a trek film in 4 years ("2002 Nemesis")well be sure that in 2 /2 years ("2008") we'd see the final result of the finished film along with a Trailer to go along with it but nonetheless pleasant to see the classic Emblem of the Enterprise again.

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

So...so...s....you're saying Star Trek returns?! (Oh My Gosh!)! *Changes wallpaper too* YEY!!!

Am I the only one out here that is getting a bad feeling about this? Are we honestly going to be able to accept any recast of Kirk? Spock? McCoy? If that is indeed the plan based on this logo thingy they've put out, I have extreme trepidation about what they're planning to do.

Of course, I might hate it, BUT if it takes a regenerated/regurgitated Kirk/Spock/Bones to recharge the franchise, I guess that would be one positive outcome. I don't have to see the movie myself for that to happen.

Let me just go on record that I think casting Matt Damon as Kirk is an ill-conceived notion.

I have no problem at all with recasting the roles. Obviously, they can't use the original actors. After watching the New Voyages group, I find myself getting right into the story with the recasted roles. If the movie is written well, the recasting shouldn't bother anyone.

I'm so excited to see that there's a new movie! I was worried that trek was ending, since nemesis wasn't that great, and enterprise isn't that great either. I think they should do either a DS9 or VOY movie, i'm not sure how i feel about a new TOS movie....As long as it doesn't seem to be coping the old stuff it should be fine. I really don't want to see someone imitating Shatner and the whole slow speech thing.