Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

"The Amazing Screw-On Head"

TheAmazingScrew-OnHead.png

THE AMAZING SCREW-ON HEAD

In this hilarious send-up of Lovecraftian horror and steampunk adventure, President Abraham Lincoln's top spy is a bodyless head known only as Screw-On Head.

When arch-fiend Emperor Zombie steals an artifact that will enable him to threaten all life on Earth, the task of stopping him is assigned to Screw-on Head. Fortunately, Screw-On Head is not alone on this perilous quest. He is aided by his multitalented manservant, Mr. Groin, and by his talking canine cohort, Mr. Dog.

Can this unorthodox trio stop Emperor Zombie in time? Does Screw-On Head have a body awesome enough to stop the horrors that have been unleashed? Where can we get a talking dog?

All these questions (O.K., maybe not that last one) will be answered when you watch the thrilling tale of The Amazing Screw-On Head!

After watching the pilot of Amazing Screw-On Head, SCI FI Pulse viewers will be asked to fill out an online survey crafted by the NBC Universal research department. The results of the online survey will help SCI FI executives decide whether or not to green-light the pilot to series. Produced by Kickstart Productions, the pilot was written by Bryan Fuller (Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls). Fuller and Jason Netter serve as executive producers, with Mignola as art director. Chris Prynoski directs.
I can't describe how much I really recommend this... The Fortean style alone caused me to get teary-eyed at how great they maintained it and everything else about it is fantastic..

Truly wildly unique, and I highly support their decision of greenlighting the show if the surveys indicate a hit.

Please take the survey though, dearly sir or madam... After watching, of course.

Edited by DrWho42

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! I love it! I sincerely hope SciFi gives the green light to the show! I can't wait to see more episodes! :bow::bow:

To quote Mr. Zombie (it may be a bit off-color)...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
I'm so excited I just made water in my pantaloons!

*well, not really*

I filled out the survey, but I got a strange-looking screen after the last question, so I may fill it out again after watching the episode again. OMG I love that show!

Seems interesting, and sections were amusing :bow: It might be something I might catch now and again (my brother probably would catch it too)

Edited by Yillara_Skye

Heee, everyone from my Yahoo group on the Steampunk movement seems to love it! I feel pretty hopeful that SciFi shall pick this up (or otherwise: really miss out).

Everyone with the SciFi Channel can watch this pilot episode on Thursday, July 27 @ 10.30/9.30pm C along with Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Well... To-day's the day for both premieres.. Right after Who Wants To Be a Superhero though.

Everyone with the SciFi Channel can watch this pilot episode on Thursday, July 27 @ 10.30/9.30pm C along with Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Well... To-day's the day for both premieres.. Right after Who Wants To Be a Superhero though.

Who Wants To Be A Superhero, aka Who's Starving For Attention. :laugh:

I'll be watching - Garth and Screw-on Head anyway. :clap:

For those who missed the announced time-slot....

The Amazing Screw-On Head

returns in a special encore episode.

Sunday August 20 at Midnight/11C

Too bad they had to move Garth Marenghi's Darkplace to midnights on Sunday.. :tribble: I really loved how Ed Wood-esque experimental the episodes were.

Wow.... Most appropriately, the last episode of Darkplace: "The Creeping Moss From The Shores Of Shuggoth", will play directly after. This is obviously to Sci Fi's way of celebrating H.P. Lovecraft's 116th birthday..

I was hoping someone would honor Lovecraft's birthday. :tribble:

The last episode of Darkplace? :clap::spock: