Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

TNG "Conspiracy" Aliens - Xindi?

Does anyone think the aliens from TNG "Conspiracy" could actually be a Xindi sub-race? I know, in "Conspiracy", Admiral Quinn said a Starship found them on an unexplorred world, and the Delphix Expanse "could" end up inside the future Romulan Neutral Zone, but still... it's an interresting idea as the "Conspiracy" aliens had a hive structure and appeared bug-like.

What do you think? Should the "Conspiracy" aliens show up in the Expanse as a sub-Xindi race or something?

According to Startrek.com there are three types of Xindi - Xindi Reptilian, Xindi Sloth and Xindi Humanoid. Since actors will be portraying each type there is no way that the species that was in TNG's Conspiracy are the same species as the Xindi.

It is my understanding that the species in Conspiracy were originally going to play the Borg role in TNG but thank goodness they came up with the Borg instead.

According to Startrek.com there are three types of Xindi - Xindi Reptilian, Xindi Sloth and Xindi Humanoid.  Since actors will be portraying each type there is no way that the species that was in TNG's Conspiracy are the same species as the Xindi. 

It is my understanding that the species in Conspiracy were originally going to play the Borg role in TNG but thank goodness they came up with the Borg instead.

Thank god indeed, I just love the Borg! :blink:

I have good reason to believe that the creatures from "Conspiracy" are not from the Delphic expanse. In Enterprise episode number 4, "Strange New World", the crew explores their first planet. While inside a tent, Trip and Mayweather get frightened when they see a "bug". If you pay close attention, this is the same bug as the "Conspiracy bug". While I can't say if this was the home planet of the bug, it makes it seem less likely that they would have originated from the Delphic expanse.

Captain Bolivar to Enterprise, one to beam up.

I don't really watch Enterprise.But I always wanted to know more about those bug-aliens on TNG.That signal/homing beacon they transmitted at the end of the episode promised so much more.But we got served up nothing.I hated that! :look:

I really dont know about TNG "Conspiracy", but I thought that ENT is suppose to be fresh and new for beginning fans like me. I just watched VOY and got into ENT. I really would like for them not to tie into any other series, it would just make me confused.

:unsure: Bel Ami ;)

I think that these "bugs" could very well be the Xindi. As takara said, there are many different kinds of Xindi. It is possible that this is because the "bugs" control a number of different species. If the "bugs" are the Xindi, then all of the species they control as a group could be called Xindi.

I used to read a book series about these "slugs" called Yeerks that crawl in through the ears of other species and control them. They had conquered all sorts of species, beginning with monkey-like creatures on their own world and then moving on to other worlds and eventually they came to Earth and started on the humans. And anything with one of those "slugs" in their heads was commonly called a Yeerk.

Perhaps, if the Xindi are these "bugs," they've conquered some of those reptilians, sloths, insectoids, humanoids, and whatnots.

I think that it was a very interesting idea, Captain. And, I think it's entirely possible. It probably won't happen, but it's possible.