Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

My try at news

Maybe you could get a job on KOMO news replacing Ken Schram.

Well... I'm not a commentator like Mr. Schram. I report news or weather. I do not give my opinion on a topic unless asked or see the need of it.

You should have worn your Trek uniform.....................

Why would I do that?

Nice job! I agree with YBHYR that it seemed a bit rushed, though that may just be staying within your time limit. I liked it! Will you be getting a chance to do more news?

I think it was a good effort. The composition was very good. In the brief 33 seconds, you showed us a picture of the young man ( Mr. Devon Gibbons) as himself, then a picture with his family, and then a couple pictures as a soldier. A young man with family ties who was part of a military unit. You pointed out that he died later of injuries that instantly killed his fellow soldiers, as those pictures ran. Then you told that many appreciated his sacrifice as you showed someone with a hand-made sign with an American flag, acknowledging the young hero.

Without being preachy you reported on and honored the soldier's self sacrifice, and the fact that family and the communtiy will miss him.

It is true that you spoken words seemed a little rushed, and some words were unclear. I am not sure what city the young man was from, for instance.

But overall, it was a very nice presentation.