Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Best Trek since TNG

to tell you the truth, i see TOS kinda like an ugly, disgusting but necessary precursor to the newer series. kinda like the medical procedures they performed on old wooden navy ships and what they have done for medicine today. essentially they just butchered everything, but it slowly transformed into something of infinite complexity and detail.

TOS.......ugly???.......disgusting????.......... :biggrin:

I have no idea just what you're referring to. If you're referring to the special effects, then yes, it may seem primitive compared to the later series. However, the remastered TOS is addressing that quite nicely. If you are referring to the episodes, you are WAY off base. Many of the TOS episodes are still better storywise than anything that followed it. Have you even watched more than a few of the episodes?

to tell you the truth, i see TOS kinda like an ugly, disgusting but necessary precursor to the newer series. kinda like the medical procedures they performed on old wooden navy ships and what they have done for medicine today. essentially they just butchered everything, but it slowly transformed into something of infinite complexity and detail.

TOS.......ugly???.......disgusting????.......... :P

I have no idea just what you're referring to. If you're referring to the special effects, then yes, it may seem primitive compared to the later series. However, the remastered TOS is addressing that quite nicely. If you are referring to the episodes, you are WAY off base. Many of the TOS episodes are still better storywise than anything that followed it. Have you even watched more than a few of the episodes?

You asked everything that I was going to. :P

I can fully understand why you prefer DS9 over TOS.

It's what you grew up with. Guys like Kor, Odo, and myself grew up with TOS.

It's all what you're used to. But I must suggest watching TOS's remastered episodes.

You'll find them to be quite enjoyable. :biggrin: