Sign in to follow this  
thayln

If Enterprise could visit any fictional world

Which fictional world would you like Enterpise to visit. And what do you think would happen?

I think it would be cool if they found Pern. If you don't know, Pern is a world created by Anne McCaffrey. They have dragons that teleport and are selectively telepathic.

Pern was settled by a lost ship from Earth, so it's possible that Enterprise could run across it. It would be really interesting to see how the people of Pern adapt to being part of the known universe again. Plus it would be fun if the away team impressed a bunch of firelizards without realizing what they were doing. They could fly all over the ship and cause all kinds of trouble, kind of like tribbles with wings.

toomanydragons.jpg

I agree...it would have to be Pern.

After 'All the Weyrs of Pern'... maybe a delemia..would it be ethical for Enterprise to help the Pernese stop thread forever? Actually help fulfill F'nor's attempts to reach the Red Star and get rid of thread's threat forever or leave the dragonriders to tackle the problem on their own.

Would Leesa and F'lar accept help from outsiders after all the troubles they had with the Oldtimers last time? Would a sudden surcease of thread cause too many problems or is it better for dragonriders to adapt to other roles for the next Pass and continue the seeding of the Northern continent with grubs.

Can you imagine the thrill for Jaxom and Ruth, Benelek and Master Fandarel to visit Enterprise. Keep Benelek and Fandarel away from engineering they would never leave! F'nor would be thrilled to reach the Red Star finally and in safety finish his task.

Imagine the songs Menolly would write. How would Masterharper Sebell handle the political sensitivity of Enterprise's visit? Of course, in the true tradition of Master Harper Robinton.

Link to Pern 101 - to learn all about Anne's world-

http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/pern/per...rn/pern101.html

What fun!

I would like to see Enterprise go to a parallel universe of a George Orwell's classic '1984'. That would definetly rock!

:unsure: Bel Ami ;)

Roland,The Gunslinger's Limbo World from the Stephen King "Dark Tower" series.That's one seriously twisted dimension.A world where long vanquished enemies could return from the dead to mete out their revenge on Archer and company(or be 'killed' again).This world is just so bizarre,with Arthurian knights,speghetti western cowboys,wizards,demon oracles,roaring 20's gangsters,modern day people,etc.It would blow their minds.And I haven't even mentioned all the monsters.... <_<

What about Dune? The desert planet.

Great choice.If they went to the planet on the movie Dune,I would definitely watch the show.Of course,that character Sting played would have to be there...I'm a huge Sting fan. <_<

What if Enterprise entered a type of dimensional gate and wound up in orbit over Middle-Earth of LOTR. Archer would help Gandalf fight Sauron!

Hmmmm...let me think about this. Archer, Trip and Malcolm in cloaks with long hair and swords. :dude::bow::bow::dude::dude::wow:

Funny you should mention Pern... I found this by following a bunch of links from a fan site for Anne McCafferey.

I like the idea of Dune, too.

How about Valdemar?