Sign in to follow this  
Odie

The Rudest Drivers in the USA

The Rudest Drivers in the USA Live Here

If you get behind the wheel in Miami, Fla., beware! Drivers in this city are the rudest in the country. They speed. And tailgate. They change lanes without signaling. And they'll cut you off without a second thought.

That's the word from the automobile membership club AutoVantage of Norwalk, Conn., which has ranked the top five U.S. cities with the worst road rage, reports The Associated Press. The results are based on a survey of 2,000 adult drivers who regularly commute in 20 major U.S. metropolitan areas.

The Worst Cities for Road Rage:

Miami

Phoenix

New York

Los Angeles

Boston

Cities With the Most Courteous Drivers:

Minneapolis

Nashville

St. Louis

Seattle

Atlanta

What do we do when we encounter road rage? The drivers who are most likely to react to a rude driver are those who are young or have long commutes. To show their displeasure, they honk the horn, curse or make an obscene gesture.

What should you do? AutoVantage recommends remaining calm and don't make eye contact with an angry driver. Instead, call them one of the names below--if only to yourself. Hagerty, an insurance agency for collector vehicles and boats, conducted a nationwide survey to find out the top 10 things drivers do that frustrate and annoy other drivers. How many of these do you see on your daily commute?

Top 10 Driving Pet Peeves:

Motor Mouths: Distracted drivers talking on cell phones.

Turtle Racers: Slow drivers in the fast lane.

Piggybackers: Pushy drivers who tailgate.

Wacky Weavers: Drivers who weave through traffic to gain one or two car lengths.

Gap Snatchers: Obnoxious drivers who speed up to keep you from changing lanes.

Space Invaders: Hasty drivers who change lanes without signaling.

Road Ragers: Those drivers who feel the slow burn and red hot anger of road rage--and then act on it.

Speed Racers: Motorcyclists who race down the middle of a lane between cars.

Driving Divas: Women applying makeup and men shaving.

Morse Coders: Drivers who leave their turn signal on for miles.

I hate;

Motor Mouths: Distracted drivers talking on cell phones.

Turtle Racers: Slow drivers in the fast lane.

Wacky Weavers: Drivers who weave through traffic to gain one or two car lengths.

Gap Snatchers: Obnoxious drivers who speed up to keep you from changing lanes.

Space Invaders: Hasty drivers who change lanes without signaling.

Road Ragers: Those drivers who feel the slow burn and red hot anger of road rage--and then act on it.

Driving Divas: Women applying makeup and men shaving.

If you get behind the wheel in Miami, Fla., beware! Drivers in this city are the rudest in the country. They speed. And tailgate. They change lanes without signaling. And they'll cut you off without a second thought.

Oh don't I know it. NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE! Lats night I saw a 4-car accident. And me being a pedestrian, my life is in danger every time I leave my house :tribble:

You mean... Tampa is NOT on there?!?!?!?! :drool::tribble::drool:

Never realized Miami was really that bad (ok, so I was born there, and have only been back down there a few times in my life but still I STILL think Tampa and maybe Orlando are much worse! Miami does not even seem so bad.)

Trying to remember which town it was, but one of the towns I visited in Russia the drivers were quite NUTS, and heaven help you if you are a pedestrian! I know that is not US based, but they put the worst drivers here to shame (And aside from that and a couple other small things, Russia was a pretty cool place to be. So definately NO offense to Russians as a whole :drool: )

Edited by Yillara_Skye

The worst place for drivers that I have been around the world are;

1. Hong Kong,

2. Yokosuka, Japan (in the morning and aternoon and of course its the Americans fault<_< ),

3. Hamptons Roads, VA (sorry VGB. It's the tunnels and everyone slowly driving through them during rush our or any time of the year.),

4. San Diego, Rhodes, Greece,

5. Tokyo (the same reason and same problem the roads are just too small, but its easy just to blame the American servce members instead of finding a solution to the problem.)

Edited by Odie

I just thought about it a bit, I think it was Ivanovo, Russia that the drivers were a bit wild. If not, than it was Yaroslavl.

Moscow, and St. Petersburg(Leningrad) were pretty good about traffic though.

I have found drivers in the southern city in which I live to be very thoughtful and polite. People are not quite as forebearing in my hometown, and I have found driving in Atlanta to be nerve-racking.

These guys tick me off the most, EVERY single time I see one, I immediatly have to Piggyback them and flash my lights.

I think it's more OCD than anything else.

What REALLY ticks me off is when you pull up behind someone at a stop light and just when the light turns green is when the idiot in front of you decides to turn on his/her turn signal. This almost immediately triggers a road rage response from me.

What REALLY ticks me off is when you pull up behind someone at a stop light and just when the light turns green is when the idiot in front of you decides to turn on his/her turn signal. This almost immediately triggers a road rage response from me.

B)

Like them, I do not.

A case of this usally has me honking on the horn for 10 seconds.

:borg2:

Like them, I do not.

A case of this usally has me honking on the horn for 10 seconds.

I do that too plus add in a few choice words and a hand gesture or two......... B)