Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

Need a Monologue!

Long story short I need a contemporary monologue, that is less then two mintues long, and it has to be from a play. It can be either comedic or dramatic, and I need the name of the play from which it is from. This is for my final in Acting Class and I don't know of any plays so I thought, "Hey, why not ask you guys... and girls".

Please, your my only hope...
Edited by Capt_Picard

why not do a websearch for monologues or audition pieces.

And this is just a curiosity question why are you taking acting if you don't like plays - surely you've gone to a play or two? Drama students usually attend plays and are familiar with a variety or works.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

And this is just a curiosity question why are you taking acting if you don't like plays - surely you've gone to a play or two?

Don't even try, Unicorn. I learned a long time ago that to try to understand some of Matthew's actions usually only results in a migraine..... :tribble:

But seriously Matthew. Why don't you look up some Shakespeare? Tons of monologues there. Your namesake quoted enough of them on TNG.

Just to note I'm taking the class so I could get better with being infront of people. I have done many video things in high school, but all those time I only had, at most, three people watching me as I taped a weather report. When I get to the point of getting a job as a weather man on a local station I am going to have to use to large groups of people, be able to keep face in front of the camera, and improve all over the place... and that is why I took acting.

Now as for the monologue, and as I was typing this I just notice I put this topic in the voting area not off topic(sorry), it has to be from a contemporary play. That means something from the last 75 years at most. Like Death of A Salesman, but since I don't have the time to read through the plays that are out there so I can have something for class I am asking you guys from help. Trust me... I really need the help!

The thing is - it makes a better performance if you pick a piece that resonates with you....also it usually helps to know the work as a whole to prepare your piece.

I still recommend doing a web search.

The ones you listed do not appear to come from a play,Matthew. They seem to have been written by the actor as part of an audition.

Personally, I'm doing a monologue about some scientist in London who's been living through the plague and detailing the events and deathcounts encountered. It's part of a play, so I s'pose I could transcribe it herein.