Sign in to follow this  
cyphrx

What's Florida like?

I'm moving to FL in about three months for school, whoever lives down there what's it like (weather, general climate, crime rate, anything to do in general past 10pm.)

I'm going to be living in a place called Winterpark, ever hear of it? Also I hear it doesn't snow down there (I pray to god it doesn't) is this true? Can I leave my ice scrapper behind the some times artic waistland known as Kansas?

Leave your ice scrapper at home, cyphrx. You definitely will not need it. I don't know of any time it has snowed in Winterpark.

I lived in Tallahassee for about 2 years. The climate there is subtropical, warm and humid even in winter. Rain was frequent. Summers can be unbearably hot. The first summer I was in Tallahassee, the temperature would reach 102-106 in the afternoons. But I'm used to this type of climate so I loved it there. Near the beaches, plenty of places to go. If you like nature and natural sites, check out the sinkholes. They are something else.

Watch out for hurricanes!

Enjoy your time in Florida!

Actually bring your scraper - it doesn't snow but if you get up early you may occasionally find ice on your windshield in Jan-Feb.  You're not going to St. Leo are you?

Thanks all for the 411,

If St Leo is a school then no, I'm attending Full Sail for a year in their film and video program.

Actually bring your scraper - it doesn't snow but if you get up early you may occasionally find ice on your windshield in Jan-Feb.  You're not going to St. Leo are you?

Very true.....every once in a blue moon it will drop a couple of snowflakes(literally, not much snow at all....well not any great amount in the last oh 16 years)

If you like sand and sun, natural sites, old forts(St. Augustine for example has the Castillo de San Marcos...and not to far away is Fort Matanzas). It does get a tad bit warm(102-106 is not an exaggeration at all). But on the east coast we get the Atlantic breezes....so humidity is usually not too bad.

I have been to Winter Park a few times, it is not too bad there(I haven't been in the last 5 years or so...I competed there a few times, when I was much younger)