Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

City on the Edge of Forever *SPOILERS*

Yesterday, I bought the Trek Time Travel Collection and I have just finished watching this episode for the first time today. I thought it was great, it's been my mom's favorite TOS episode for years. A question she had was, what would have happened if they brought Joan Collins' character to the future with them instead of letting her die in the past? They have did it later in Star Trek IV by bringing someone in the past to the future

My guess is that they didn't want to take the chance of the Enterprise still not being there and the only way time would have been set straight would have been if she died. But, dead or in the future, she still wouldn't no longer be there. What are your thoughts?

I don't think that they had the capability to bring Edith into the future with them. The time portal sent them into the past and brought back only the people it sent. Even if McCoy would have saved Edith, whos to say that she would even want to go to the future with them?

When they brought Gillian to the future with them it was unintentional. She grabbed Kirk in the act of transporting. They just did not forcibly remove her, but could have lost time trying. They barely got to the whales in time to prevent them from being harpooned, and them barely got back to their own time period in time to get the whales to answer the alien probe.