Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Dinosaurs Released on DVD Yesterday!

I grew up watching this series in the early 90’s and I was and still am a huge fan. I have been waiting for years, wishing somebody would please release the Dinosaurs seasons on DVD. Finally, they have released season one and two May 2nd. I bought it yesterday and I have to say that it has brought back a lot of nostalgia. When I was younger, I was like everyone else and watched it for the dinosaurs, same as now. But it also has things for the older audience as well with jokes adults understand. Although it is by Disney and it is a Disney release, it’s not really a kid’s show. Sure, it’s like I said and it has dinosaurs, but they also drink beer and cuss.

Watching this series as an adult is just as fun as it was when I was younger. The animatronics are excellent. You will find yourself in awe just staring at how well done the character’s facial expressions are. The acting is great as well, the voice actors do an excellent job at making the characters come to life and be believable. It’s like watching a dinosaur version of the Honeymooners. The jokes are fresh and still very funny. From just the first episode, I found myself laughing at a lot of the jokes.

Speaking as a fan of the series when it originally aired who grew up and bought this DVD, I can say that it is still as fun as it was when I watched it originally. If you loved Dinosaurs years ago, get this DVD!! You will have as much fun as you did when you first watched this great series. Season One and Two is a must have, that is 29 episodes and it also has two “making of” special features and Easter eggs!!! What a great package. The episodes have been restored and have a clear/clean looking picture. The DVDs themselves have beautiful artwork on them, having a picture of the different Sinclair family members on each of the four disc set.

I also enjoyed watching Dinosaurs on ABC when it aired originally was certainly not a kids show but a Mature show for older people was indeed like a Modern "HoneyMooners" but with Dinosaurs instead now i've to look for ("Dinosaurs" on DVD) in the stores Years I-II

:laugh::borg2::spock::laugh: