Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt. Phaserman

Random Rantings

Alright, I know some of you lesser educated folks are gonna say, 'Sarge, why do you still call yourself a Marine? I thought you left the service?'. I'll answer that right quick before I get to ranting. Does the phrase "Once a Marine, Always a Marine" mean anything to you? Regardless of your status: Active, Reserve, Retired, discharged, if you earned the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, you can be called "Marine" until the day you die.

Now, onto the rantings.

Work is pretty interesting. I think I mentioned it somewhere, I'm working Security at a local chemical factory. I'm actually a Section Lead, so instead of wearing the typical "Rent-a-Cop" uniform, I wear a business suit. I'm still packin' some heat, though, I carry a pistol hidden under my coat.

I keep getting calls from the local USMCR recruiter, appearently the local unit is a bit short on experienced NCO's. They want me to come back to the Corps, as a reservist. I'm considering it, but I probably won't go back if they want me to be leading an Infantry squad or something. I loved being in the Infantry, but After my injury, I don't know that I'd still want to be Infantry. If I came back, into a new MOS, in an Administrative role. I'll give it some more thought, and talk with the Staff Sergeant some more, see what he has to offer me. If he can get me Staff Sergeant and a good signing bonus, I might seriously consider it. (I was eligable for Staff Sergeant when I left Active Duty. Had I stayed in, I'd probably be Staff Sergeant Phaserman...)

That's all for now. As Gunny Ermey would say, Semper Fi, Carry on!