Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Paramount Interested In Romulan Wars Movie

Melbourne, Apr.14 (ANI): Fans of 'Star Trek' might soon be getting a real treat, for Paramount Pictures is reportedly interested in making a trilogy that reveals the truth behind the cause of the Romulan war.

Erik Jendresen, the writer of the script, said that a producer at Paramount had been championing the notion of making a 'Star Trek' trilogy.

"There is a producer at Paramount who has been championing this and the notion that we have the opportunity to plug the gap with this trilogy. We have a chance here to fill in the canon, and to create a continuum ostensibly from the beginning from 'Enterprise' all the way out to the future," Moviehole.net quoted him, as telling SyFyPortal.com.

"Three films, which all would deal with Kirk's progenitor, a man by the name of Tiberius Chase... We wanted to reveal the actual cause of [the Romulan] war, which was surprising to all involved at the time. We simply wanted to reveal the truth behind that startling incident," he added. (ANI)

Sounds great if it's ever made. Why would it be reported out of Australia? Sounds raither ambiguous.

Edited by MrPsychic

A similar report appeared on Trektoday with some of the same details (i.e. Tiberius Chase) but nothing about a producer at Paramount championing the cause.

Honestly, what does anyone have to lose on a new Star Trek movie? With the crap Hollywood has been producing, a proven, though shaky at the moment, franchise should at least be given a shot.

As for the movie details, I like working the name Tiberius into a character before Kirk to explain his unusual middle name. However, I would go with James Tiberius. Simply because I think it works better. Kind of like how Blue Jays pitcher Ted Lilly is actually Theodore Roosevelt Lilly. Other than that, the Romulan war is as good a place to start as any other.