Sign in to follow this  
APW

Bele and Lokai

I was watching "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" last night, and I heard Bele say that he had been chasing Lokai for 50,000 years..... B)

I had to go back and listen to him a few times. That can't be right.

A humanoid species that lives longer than 50,000 years is absurd. Surely, they meant that he had been pursuing Lokai for 50,000 light-years. Had to be.

Anyway, despite the canonicity of the 50,000-plus year lifespan for Cheron natives,I just refuse to believe that what Bele actually said was accurate.

What do some of you think? Does a pursuit of 50,000 light-years seem more plausible than a pursuit of 50,000 actual years?

:dude:

I've always felt that the 50,000 year claim was a bit of a stretch. I guess it was just the writer's way of conveying the pure obsession of Bele.

I agree with you on this one, APW ( don't faint!). If Bele had been pursuing Lokai for 50,000 years, their cities would have long ago been reduced to dust by the elements and natural phenomena: wind, rain, fire, earthquakes, etc.

The cities were in ruins when they returned, but among the rubble of the cities were unburied corpses. The dead bodies would not still be around if Bele and Lokai were gone 50,00 years.

He had to mean the distance: 50,000 light years.