Sign in to follow this  
mrskirk

You may have noticed I ain't been around

Some of you may have noticed my visits to the forums have been sporadic at best lately. The reasons are twofold: one, I just changed schedules at work. I'm working a 4X10 schedule now and my days off are Wed, Thur, and Fri. After working a 10 hour day, I don't really have the energy to do much but fall into bed when I finally do get home. My days off for the past couple of weeks have been spent helping a close friend of mine pack her house. Her house had been for sale for almost a year when BOOM, it sold while she was on vacation. She and her husband returned from Florida, found out the house had sold, and two days later found a house they wanted to buy. This timing leaves my poor friend with only two weeks to pack up her entire house and move. Closing is 07/31. Worse yet, she is a pack rat, so there's MANY, MANY boxes to fill! So, once she and her family are moved, I'll be able to spend more time with my trek friends!

Some of you may have noticed my visits to the forums have been sporadic at best lately.  The reasons are twofold:  one, I just changed schedules at work.  I'm working a 4X10 schedule now and my days off are Wed, Thur, and Fri.  After working a 10 hour day, I don't really have the energy to do much but fall into bed when I finally do get home.  My days off for the past couple of weeks have been spent helping a close friend of mine pack her house.  Her house had been for sale for almost a year when BOOM, it sold while she was on vacation.  She and her husband returned from Florida, found out the house had sold, and two days later found a house they wanted to buy.  This timing leaves my poor friend with only two weeks to pack up her entire house and move.  Closing is 07/31.  Worse yet, she is a pack rat, so there's MANY, MANY boxes to fill!  So, once she and her family are moved, I'll be able to spend more time with my trek friends!

We'll keep a sandwich and :pepsi: in the fridge for you, take care of business and pop in when you have time. Those 10 hour days can be murder, but 3 off in a row is always nice!

The ratrace is rough mrskirk, we understand and will be waiting for those times when you have a minute to stop by and say hi. Keep on Trekking!

Wow! That sounds pretty hectic! Hope everything goes well with work and helping your friend. And hope to see you around the boards.

Anyone that helps someone pack for a move deserves sainthood. :biggrin:  Your friend is very fortunate.

Actually, it's the least I can do for them. I've known my friend and her husband for almost 20 years, and I pretty much owe them my life. About 10 years ago, I was involved in an abusive relationship. I lived with my son in this man's house, and he would take all my money for "rent", so I was trapped there with my son, no money and nowhere to go. My friend came to my rescue after I had suffered a pretty severe beating at this man's hands, grabbed my son and all our clothes and got me out of there. She took me to the emergency room to have my broken nose repaired and then moved me and my son in to her house. We stayed for almost two years, and since my friends didn't charge me any rent to stay, I was able to save up a little nest egg and get an apartment for my son and me. I don't know if I'd be alive today if not for my friend.

Anyone that helps someone pack for a move deserves sainthood. :biggrin:  Your friend is very fortunate.

Actually, it's the least I can do for them. I've known my friend and her husband for almost 20 years, and I pretty much owe them my life. About 10 years ago, I was involved in an abusive relationship. I lived with my son in this man's house, and he would take all my money for "rent", so I was trapped there with my son, no money and nowhere to go. My friend came to my rescue after I had suffered a pretty severe beating at this man's hands, grabbed my son and all our clothes and got me out of there. She took me to the emergency room to have my broken nose repaired and then moved me and my son in to her house. We stayed for almost two years, and since my friends didn't charge me any rent to stay, I was able to save up a little nest egg and get an apartment for my son and me. I don't know if I'd be alive today if not for my friend.

What a terrific friend. I am glad you had her when you needed her.