Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

The Rise And Fall Of Gowron

So, just what the Hell Happened To Him??

Do you think he was always like that, or did the power go to his head?

He seemed like an Ok Guy at first, then it seemed he just keep gett more arrogant and cocky as time went on. And his action during the Final Days Of The Dominion War were inexcusable.

After "Redemption", the last thing I was Expecting Was For Him To Die At Worf's Hands.

I think it's just like the old saying, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I loved the way the "end" came though I liked Duras' death sceen better.

Stardate:213567.8

I remember watching that episode where Worf killed Gowron.Me and my friends were like "Right On go Worf!!! :biggrin:"I was kinda disappointed that he decided not to be chancleor.Its kinda weird though.Worf goes from being a dishonored Klingon to being head of the Klingon Empire for a minute

I like watching that episode just to see Worf kill him, worf really set the direction of the Klingon empire and had a huge impact on their future. He killed Duras which made Gowron the chancellor. He convinced Gowron to allow Kahless to live and become a figure head. He killed Gowron and then basically named Martok chancellor.

Do you think he was always like that, or did the power go to his head?

No, I don't think he was always like that but yes the power did go to his head and in his defense he was not the first leader that ever happened to, it happens to all of them sooner or later just for different reasons. It start's off with a rallying for a change of leadership because the old leader has become corrupt ending in a coup and setting the "New Leader Who Will Restore Them Their Former Glory" up. Then given enough time, the new leader corrupts (or a new faction who BELIEVES the Old leader to be corrupt or not doing enough to Restore Glory begins a coup attempt and) it starts all over again, it's Klingon politics. Gowron became paranoid the people were going to get behind Martok to become the new leader, imo that is why Gowron kept sending Martok on impossible missions, he hoped he would be killed thus any possible coup attempts would be nipped in the bud.

worf really set the direction of the Klingon empire and had a huge impact on their future.

I hope so but I doubt it, I believe that's why Worf left his position (I forget what it was) among the Klingons; he finally saw things were never going to change and most likely decided to get heck outta there before an assassin came after him.

worf really set the direction of the Klingon empire and had a huge impact on their future.

I hope so but I doubt it, I believe that's why Worf left his position (I forget what it was) among the Klingons; he finally saw things were never going to change and most likely decided to get heck outta there before an assassin came after him.

What I meant was in the actions he already had done he set the course of the Klingon empire. He killed Duras which made Gowron the chancellor, he talked Gowron out of killing Kahless and now the Klingon's have an emperor (even if his is just a figure head), he killed Gowron and then he made Gowron the new chancellor. Those are all pretty significant events that I think would set the course of events in the Klingon empire for decades to come.

he killed Gowron and then he made Gowron the new chancellor.

You mean Martok and I hope your right. Everything depends on the ability of Martok to effect real change but if not, we haven't seen the last of the Old Ways.

Edited by Alterego

he killed Gowron and then he made Gowron the new chancellor.

You mean Martok and I hope your right. Everything depends on the ability of Martok to effect real change but if not, we haven't seen the last of the Old Ways.

Yeah I meant Martok lol, have you watched that episode yet or have I done gone and spoiled it for ya? lol

No it's not spoiled I've watched it twice now, once when it first aired and today I watched the tape recorded version even though I have it on DVD. <_< Coo-Koo!Coo-Koo! Actually I'm giving all our DS9 and VOY tapes to our Son for Christmas so I wanted to get some more use of them first.

No it's not spoiled I've watched it twice now, once when it first aired and today I watched the tape recorded version even though I have it on DVD. :unsure: Coo-Koo!Coo-Koo! Actually I'm giving all our DS9 and VOY tapes to our Son for Christmas so I wanted to get some more use of them first.

Good, I'm glad I didn't spoile it lol. I've seen all of the DS9's so many times each that I sometimes forget that there are people in the world that haven't seen them yet <_<

Gowron was one of my favorite characters and I noticed the change in the character as time went on. I think that power corrupted him and that he was very insecure in his leadership because of the way that he became leader. Plus with rivals everywhere and the knowledge that the Federation indirectly helped him to power may have gave him a chip on his shoulder. perhaps it also made him want to demonstrate his prowess in battle and his independence by breaking the treaty with the UFP.