Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

I'll be away

I'll be away for a couple days this weekend, but I have my laptop and provided I have telephone access I will still be able to get online.

If you don't see me tonight, Saturday or most of Sunday then you know why.

But I'm almost sure I'll have a phone line to hook into.

Don't worry bevfanK, no coup attempts from RC and me. Lessa gave us stuff to keep us occupied while VBG's away. whistlekiss.gif

Have a great time VBG! Lonely.gif

Well, my trip was short lived. I was on the road driving on I-64 in Hampton Va when I had a blow out of my right rear tire. If it had been a front tire I may not have been able to control the car. The tire that blew out was Firestone and many of you may remember the problems Firestone had a few years ago. Well, it seems that their problems in tires hit me today. The tire was only a few years old and still in good shape, the reason for the blow out was because the tread pealed away from the tire.

Anyway, all is well and I have a new tire on the car but my trip is canceled. Which is just as well because it was a "work" trip anyway lol.

Glad you are safe and sound and that it was only a tire that had to be replaced. Replacing our fearless leader would be impossible!

Glad you are safe and sound and that it was only a tire that had to be replaced.  Replacing our fearless leader would be impossible!

Thanks, plus the fact that I had my mother in the car too. Believe me, a blow out doing 75mph isn't fun lol

Well, my trip was short lived. I was on the road driving on I-64 in Hampton Va when I had a blow out of my right rear tire. If it had been a front tire I may not have been able to control the car. The tire that blew out was Firestone and many of you may remember the problems Firestone had a few years ago. Well, it seems that their problems in tires hit me today. The tire was only a few years old and still in good shape, the reason for the blow out was because the tread pealed away from the tire.

Anyway, all is well and I have a new tire on the car but my trip is canceled. Which is just as well because it was a "work" trip anyway lol.

I'm happy to hear it did not become a tragedy, WELCOME BACK B)

Glad you are safe and sound and that it was only a tire that had to be replaced.  Replacing our fearless leader would be impossible!

Thanks, plus the fact that I had my mother in the car too. Believe me, a blow out doing 75mph isn't fun lol

eek. that mustve been scary. glad youre okay!

eek. that mustve been scary. glad youre okay!

I actually didn't even have time to think about it, I just knew I had to get off the highway quickly and keep the car under control.

I actually didn't even have time to think about it, I just knew I had to get off the highway quickly and keep the car under control.

Holy cow!! If that happened to me, I'd have to head straight home to change in to clean pants!