Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

New Star Trek Magazine Coming to USA Stores

After over 10 years of providing information to UK, Australian and New Zealand residents Star Trek Magazine formally known as Star Trek Monthly will be re – launching on a mission to provide news to a far more global audience. The magazine which has explored many frontiers of Star Trek and it’s fan base will continue to do so but will obviously be undergoing a refit in order to widen it’s appeal to a more global audience which will include the US and Canadian market place. As a result of these changes the current editor John Freeman will be passing on the Captaincy to a new editor who is as yet unknown.

John’s final issue will be issue 127 which will be the final issue before the re-launch of the magazine. John is very optimistic about these changes and made the following statement in his formal letter to all contributors of the magazine.

“I hope you'll agree that this is great news for the Magazine, as it means all those people who have long advocated US distribution will finally see the Magazine on sale in their local stores. It also means the title will benefit from a re-launch from Titan in all its key markets, including the UK and Eire, which I am sure will benefit all the loyal fans who have long supported the title.”

Freeman added that current distribution wouldn’t be affected. "The changes shouldn't affect distribution of STAR TREK MAGAZINE in the UK and Eire, Australia or New Zealand, which will continue to be on sale in all the usual outlets as before. Existing subscriptions will be unaffected by the changes.”

As many readers of the Magazine will be aware John Freeman was instrumental in launching the Magazine back in 1995 and served as it’s first editor until 1997 when he left in order to help Titan magazine’s launch some of it’s newer titles. Freeman returned to the Star Trek fold last year and has always been an encouraging force to new writers.

“I want to thank each and every one of you who made my return to the title such a joy. It's been an honour working with you all.” Freeman said to all those who have supported him and Star Trek Magazine.

"I've had a ball doing STAR TREK again," John Freeman told SciFi Pulse, " and fan web sites such as SciFi Pulse have been amazingly supportive of the title. I hope that support will continue."

We here at SciFi Pulse wish John all the best in his future projects and of course will continue to support the Titan line of magazines especially Star Trek Magazine. You can follow the further adventures of John Freeman at his personal website Down The Tubes which is a wonderful resource for anyone interested in writing and the creation of comic books.

If you would like to discuss this or any other story that you see posted at Sci Fi Pulse why not log in and register an account at our new forums, which are located here.

Great news, I can't wait to read a Trek magazine again :look:

I'll pick it up is a store if I see it but after my bad experience with the last Trek magazine (Who STILL owes me money), I would be leery of subscribing.