Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Voice recognition.

Testing, testing. This is a test. I’m testing my ability to communicate with Microsoft voice recognition software. This entire post was created by my speaking and the program interpreting, typing for me in Word.

Dictating alphabet… A BCDEFG, H. I JKLM in old B., few are as TUV, WXYZ.

Reciting numbers… one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine and ten. 12345.

I’ve always known my computer had voice recognition software but never did anything with it until today. I was rummaging around in a box of stuff when I came across an old microphone and connected it.

Except for some minor errors ( like interpreting my dictation of the alphabet) it is performing very well. It won’t be long until manually typing my posts will be a thing of the past.

Do you have and have you ever experimented with your voice recognition software?

Yup, used to use it quite a bit but since my parent have moved upstairs so there room is next to mine have to type now :look:

I had a german learning game back in Grade 7 ... about 7 years ago it had voice regcognition in it and you could make comunications with this freaky german guy

Not used it on my computer but I do have one

Its interesting for sure, but its not something that I am interested at them moment.

with this toast I am also using voice recognition I don't seem to have gone and did both these can see it to attend to painter alone that the postal.

[typed]:yahoo: It doesn't seem to work as well for me. I guess I need to do more training.[/typed]

Sorry to hear that Tal, luckily my PC is in the living room so I can't disturb anyone but unluckily, I get disturbed when someone wants to watch TV at the same time I'm in Speech. Say Tal, know any good sites with tips for using Commands?

Mj, (& anyone else curious to know) to see if you have it; click on your computers Control Panel and look for this icon:

speech.JPG

of course you'll also need a microphone and an input jack. (How To Use Speech Recognition in Windows XP)

You should try it Cara, it's a blast!

I understand Odie, you have more important things on you mind. baby_13.gif Maybe later.

Yeah Sea Trooper, I did all the training with the mic attached to my shirt collar then decided putting it on and off was a hassel so I then taped it to the top of the monitor, that change of mic location forced me to do all the training again. :yahoo:

i tested my voice on mic before i can sing little.. that sounds like some thing on pbs channel..i think they showed trek..wonder if they had test there mics like that on trek one two three testing testing.......