Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Spike TV

Spike TV

Spike TV will muscle its way onto television screens nationwide Aug. 11 with a testosterone-fueled brand of programming that will include extreme sports and bodacious women.

Fresh from its legal tussle with film producer Spike Lee (news) over the network's name, cable channel TNN said on Tuesday it would relaunch its programming under the new Spike TV banner next month.

"August 11 is Spike TV Day," said Albie Hecht, the network's president. "Men all across this great land should feel empowered to leave the toilet seat up."

The first day promises "Road to Slamball," a one-hour documentary about the obscure extreme sport, and "Party with Spike," a romp at Hugh Hefner's Playboy mansion with musicians and models hosted by rapper Busta Rhymes.

Business reporter Bambi Francisco will anchor twice-daily "CBS MarketWatch" updates and Formula One racer Danica Patrick will host one-minute "Zero to Sixty" updates about the automotive world.

Spike TV was to have launched last month, but those plans were scuttled by Lee, who sued the network's parent, Viacom Inc., saying he would be mistakenly associated with the newly named channel. The two sides settled the lawsuit earlier this month.

Viacom told the court at one point during the proceedings that it had lost almost $17 million because of Lee's lawsuit.

Spike TV -- the name was chosen to convey a male and irreverent image -- will be a rebranding of current channel TNN, which is available in about 86 million homes.

--Yahoo! http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...sion_spike_dc_2

Do you like the idea that TNN is now going to be “Spike TV”?

(I personally don’t)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Stardate:213562.9

I dont mind.They got all these channels foe Women its about time we got one for men

Ever heard of Playboy? :biggrin: I think it's stupid to say a channel is geared toward one sex or the other. Most think of NESN, or ESPN as male channels, too. I'm female, and I have NESN on all of the time. My father watches movies on the Oxygen channel sometimes, as well as LMN. He gets embarrassed when we mention it, which is stupid. But it's how society has made people feel.

I like the idea of having a channel for men we need one I just hope that they won't go and cancel some of the shows that they have on there now like WWE Raw of TNG.

I personally dont care what they call themselves...cuz hey, they are bringing back Ren and Stimpy. Now if they could only get Beavis and Butthead back...where are those two????

Sign in to follow this