Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

STF will be offline for a few hours

We will be down for a short time tomorrow morning due to an unscheduled server move. Here's the notification that I just got from Invision.

So if you try to log on and can't get through, this is why.

Hello,

In order to resolve performance issues on the server you are currently hosted on, we are unfortunately having to move a number of sites at short notice.

Your site, startrekfans.net, will be moved server tomorrow morning GMT. The server move itself should take 2-3 hours during which your site will display a server move in progress page.

Once your account has been moved, you should notice both increased performance and stability on the new server.

We apologise for the short advance warning of this move,

Thanks.

IPS Hosting

System Administration

I have noticed the present server having a lot of problems in the last month. Thank you for the heads up.

Two things then; 1: what happen mid day yesterday when I was trying to get on then, and 2: crud!

Hello,

Your site has now been moved.

Please allow 2-3 hours for your local DNS to update. Until then you will see a Move in Progress page.

If you are still having issues accessing your site after this time, or have any problems, please let us know

Thanks,

Stewart

So the move is complete. It seems that the forum is loading a lot better now.

What time GMT? Just saying GMT means nothing. It really depend on which time zone your are in. I am 9 hours behind GMT, but someone on the east coast could be 7 hours behind. This is just mind blowing to ME!!!

Okay, part of my job in the Navy is to tell time. I use GMT all the time and can tell what time it in each time zone based on GMT and time zone. When they do it will be early morning us anyway. I still would like to have the time in GMT!

What time GMT? Just saying GMT means nothing. It really depend on which time zone your are in. I am 9 hours behind GMT, but someone on the east coast could be 7 hours behind. This is just mind blowing to ME!!!

Okay, part of my job in the Navy is to tell time. I use GMT all the time and can tell what time it in each time zone based on GMT and time zone. When they do it will be early morning us anyway. I still would like to have the time in GMT!

They don't really do anything by a set schedule I've found. Sowhen I saw "morning GMT" I just assumed that it would be between 2 am and 7 am ET, and that's about when they did it.

East coast is -5 GMT.