Sign in to follow this  
APW

Does anyone remember . . . .?

Your first apartment?

The very first apartment I ever had all to myself was bulldozed today, to make room for a new mini-mart.

It had originally been a 2-car garage which had been poorly converted into a 3 room flat. It had a combination living room/kitchen, a short hall (barely wide enough for an average sized adult to walk down), a bedroom, and a "bathroom" (a toilet crammed into a closet-sized space). And for all this luxery I paid $350 each month for 2 years.

I loved it though, because it was my place. I froze each winter, sweated through every summer (for years). But it was all mine, and my parents couldn't tell me anything. :borg2:

It was also an apartment in California. Living that far from Ozark, Missouri, where my folks were, made me feel down right Continental. I hated seeing that little shack being plowed under. It was as if that dozer was plowing under an old friend.

Edited by APW

My first apartment was in Spring Grove, PA. A dingy little town right next to York. I had to move there for awhile because of work. After I moved in, I became aware that the complex was right down the street from a paper manufacturing company. Every time it rained, the whole town smelled like a sewer. It was awful. I couldn't wait to get out fo there.

I also suspect that Spring Grove has a big problem with alien abductions.........but thats a WHOLE OTHER STORY...... :borg2:

Edited by Kor37

My first apartment was in Fall River, Massachusetts. Three bedrooms, large parlor, decent-sized kitchin/dining room, and a full bath. All for $87 a week. :borg2:

Of course, prices were low out there because it was so hard to find a job without driving 50 miles...

My first apartment was with Gary and the Kids. Three Bedrooms, one bathroom, The livingroom and the Dinning Room weren't really differentiated, and a small kitchen. Cost about $700 a month.

My first apt became over run by drunken homesteaders, they threw me out on street and sold everything I owned. :borg2: Careful who you be nice too.

When Gary and I lived in the apartment, we had to have the door replaced. Some (Ignore me, I'm using profanity) kicked it in and tried to rob us. Scariest night of my life. That ended, though, when the neighbor came out of his apartment and jacked a shell into the chamber of his shotgun...

When Gary and I lived in the apartment, we had to have the door replaced. Some (Ignore me, I'm using profanity) kicked it in and tried to rob us. Scariest night of my life. That ended, though, when the neighbor came out of his apartment and jacked a shell into the chamber of his shotgun...

Three guys tried to break in on me in my first apartment as well.

My dog was barking like crazy and woke me up. So I went to the door and opened it a crack to yell "Shut Up!" and three guys were on my porch, taking the screws out of my doorknob. Soon as they saw me, they froze, which allowed me to slam the door shut again. While they were banging against it, I called the cops. Cops showed up 45-minutes later (and yes, I told them I was being broken into! ). Luckily I had a high-power pellet gun that looked like a real pistol. So I went to my window, pulled back my curtain and aimed it at them, and they almost killed themselves getting over my fence to avoid being shot. B)

The cops yelled at me when they arrived because nobody was there.

I asked them whether or not I should have invited the guys in for tea or something until they showed up to arrest them. :borg2:

I think I moved back to Mizzou two or three months after that.

My first apartment can be read about in my logs. I was paranoid about being broken into so I had a metal baseball bat. It's the most lethal thing I can legally own so... :borg2:

Well I should remember my first apartment since I'm living it. $600 a months and that is rent, power, water, garbage, and cable. I'm less then 100 yards from the ferry dock to get to college and so far everything is fine in my new place. I just wish I had more things to keep my mind occupied then homework I can't get done, TV shows I can't watch because their stupid, and nothing new on the net.

If you want to get technical, my first "Apartment" was the Barracks at RTC Great Lakes...Lol. THe first REAL Apartment was the one I shared with my first wife at the Subbase. One Bedroom...

If you want to get technical, my first "Apartment" was the Barracks at RTC Great Lakes...Lol. THe first REAL Apartment was the one I shared with my first wife at the Subbase. One Bedroom...

I remember living in the barracks RTC Great Lakes. My first apartment was in Norfolk, VA. I payed at $450 and when I moved out it was $500. All unlities where included.

If you want to get technical, my first "Apartment" was the Barracks at RTC Great Lakes...Lol.

I remember living in the barracks RTC Great Lakes.

'Technically' for me as well. Go Fighting Mcaffees!