Sign in to follow this  
ConnorExum

Don't Be A Wanker Be A Conisuer...

You know the title says it all really. I'm always surprised when people over look the classic lines and feel of the Lotus Esprit. For the last 25 years it's been the backbone of the British supercar effort and for good reason too. It's got all the right attributes of a supercar: lightweight , high top end speed( 180mph) , beautiful lines, excellent handling capablities , brilliantly tuned engine and much more. Yet, here in America you never see one of these fine machines on the road to speak of. It's not just a car it's a complete driving experince. It's not over done with electronic traction control , computerized shifting or other gimmicks burrowed from modern F1 race cars. No, it's a simple four wheel indepent suspesion system with just the right attributes for perfect road handling. This isn't a car for the Sunday driver however. Without those electronic enhancements this car is a driver's car. It will let you drive above you ablities. With 350hp and 295 ft-lbs of torque produced from the 3.5liter twin turbocharged V8 that's not hard to do at all. But again it's a drivers car. You have to know what you doing with this machine and not just have a lot money to spend on one. It's about being in control of a machine; not the machine being in control of you. Hence the reason it only comes with a close ratio 5speed manual transmission with short throw linkage. In short, a race car transmission. Not like the newer Porsche's , Acura NSX's and Ferrari's that all come with triptronic transmissions. These aren't transmissions for people that want to be a driver; these are transmissions for people who want a car to drive them. It's the elegance of the manual transmission mated to the perfect size engine with an outstand power to weight ratio that makes this car such an experince to drive. It's flawless attention to detail in steering componets to the hum of the 8 cyclinders directly behind the drive all enhance the over all experince. In short it's a four wheel orgasm for those of us luckily enough to 91,515 dollars and the taste to choose such a fine automobile...

Here's a link to the car of my dreams which by the way just happens to be in my faovorite color too.

http://www.parkplaceltd.com/webinventory/d...ils.asp?id=1164

I could be a just a little obcessed with this finely designed British machine of the road. But I don't think so really I just don't have the spare 91,515 to spend on it. So my next big wheeled mode of transporation will be something with Schwin or akin to that on it's frame and not Lotus... A truely shameful fate if you ask me. Because I'm born to drive such an automobile. I've done my time with a Jetta now it's supercar all the way. I guess not to many of you agreed with that rather self-indulgent post about my favorite automobile? Call it a crazy guess from the lack of responses!