Sign in to follow this  
Lollypop

Old English Laws

England Laws

Under the reign of Elizabeth I, any person found guilty of "harboring a Catholic priest" would be tortured or even hanged. Any priest of the Catholic faith that was caught would be hanged, drawn, and quartered.

With the exception of carrots, most goods may not be sold on Sunday.

All English males over the age 14 are to carry out 2 or so hours of longbow practice a week supervised by the local clergy.

London Hackney Carriages (taxis/cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats. (Repealed 1976)

The severest Penaltys will be suffered by any commoner who doth permit his animal to have carnal knowledge of a pet of the Royal House (enacted by George I)

It is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises (in a pub or bar).

It is illegal for two adult men to have sex in the same house as a third person.

Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks (enacted by Edward VI).

It is illegal to stand within one hundred yards of the reigning monarch when not wearing socks (enacted by Edward VI)

Chelsea Pensioners may not be impersonated.

A bed may not be hung out of a window.

It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.

During his reign, Oliver Cromwell banned the eating of mince pies on Christmas day, as they were insufficiently Puritan.

Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked manequin.

It is illegal to leave baggage unattended.

Picking up abandoned baggage is an act of terrorism.

Those wishing to use a television must buy a license.

It is illegal for a Member of Parliament to enter the House of Commons wearing a full suit of armour.

Destroying or defacing money is illegal.

If a steam locomotive is driven on roads, a man must walk in front of the vehicle with a red flag during the day and a red lantern at night to warn passersby.

All steam locomotives are limited to 4mph on roads.

Anal sex is prohibited.

You may not make out in public.

It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

Committing suicide is classified as a capital crime.

Interfering with the mail or sleeping with the consort of the Queen is classed as treason, and as such, carries a maximum penalty of death.

Placing a postage stamp that bears the Queen (or King) upside down is considered treason.

One may not "blemish the peace".

A license is required to keep a lunatic.

Jesuits, Seminary Priests and other suchlike disobedient Persons must be banished.

Since 1313, MPs are not allowed to don armor in Parliament.

Chester

You can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.

Hereford

You may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close.

Liverpool

It is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.

London

Companies may vote in local elections.

No cows may be driven down the roadway between 10 AM and 7 PM unless there is prior approval from the Commissioner of Police.

York

Excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow.

Isle of Man

Crossbows are banned

Isle of Sark

All land must be left to the eldest son.

Divorces are outlawed.

I hope they have changed some of these laws :rolleyes:

I Just love these :rolleyes:

Since 1313, MPs are not allowed to don armor in Parliament.

Chester

You can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.

Hereford

You may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close.

York

Excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow.

Picking up abandoned baggage is an act of terrorism.

Those wishing to use a television must buy a license.

It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

Committing suicide is classified as a capital crime.

Stardate:213559.2

These are my favorite!!! :rolleyes:

England Laws

Chester

Hereford

York

I hope some of these are changed too.... eek! my family is(amongst many other things) Welsh and Scottish.

It is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.
:rolleyes::bow: ummm?? Why are they topless in a tropical fish store?

:bow: these are funny, some a little strange, some a LOT strange.

Oh wow - it's like those "further proof that the human race is doomed" forward! (by the way, if anyone has a copy of that, could they post it here, cause I can't find it...you know, the ones with labels like instructions on peanut bag: open bag; eat nuts)

It is illegal for a Member of Parliament to enter the House of Commons wearing a full suit of armour. - so, what, if I leave off one of the shoes it's okay??