favorite series

44 members have voted

1. 1. favorite series

• TOS
    • TNG
    • DS9
    • VOYAGER
    • ENTERPRISE

The original series of Star Trek was the best in my opinion. It was made in a time when issues were fresh and needed to be discussed, Star Trek managed to do this without being patronising (as some other series have been) while combining this with the most important factor...enjoyable and well scripted sci-fi concepts.

Star Trek of the 60s was well made, well scripted, directed and acted, and along with the Twilight Zone is perhaps the best all-time television show.

Star Trek TNG is my second favourite as actors of high quality managed the impossible, they continued Trek without the original crew and did it in their own style. I prefer the early seasons of this series but find little to fault with the rest as continued quality made this very popular with those who were not familar with Kirk and co.

I have seen many episodes of DS9 and Voyager but am not a big fans of these shows, and while I could be ultra-critical and make frank comments about why I consider these shows to be of lesser quality, I think I will just say that I had issues with the quality of acting, character development, loss of traditional sci-fi concepts in original plots, entire series plot-arcs and the general move away from the vision set up in the original series.

I would actually say that (other than the welcome TNG films) I was actually moving away from the Trek franchise and would just watch those previous shows that I considered to be of higher quality and therefore more enjoyable, then came Enterprise. Enterprise has actually brought me back into the fold with some fine scripts that are realised by greater direction and acting, I once again can look forward to seeing the next show and look forward to seeing Capt Archer and crew move on to the big screen in a few years time.

It's gotta be Enterprise for me. I'm way more emotionally invested in this show than any of the others. The chemistry on this show kicks butt, and it just keeps getting better.

Bring on season 3. :bow: :lol: :)

I nulled my vote I like them all equily well with enterprise on the bottom but as it is only going to start its third season I am holding my vote on that.

My favorite series is TOS. My sister's favorite character was Mr. Spock, and my favorite character was Captain Kirk. I have liked all the series, but I think I still have not seen all of DS9, and I have only seen all of VOY because of the reruns. Unlike many on the startrek.com website, I also like Enterprise.

My favorite episode is "The Visitor" from DS9.