Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Saw or Saw II?

Saw  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Your Favorite Between the Two?

• Saw
    • Saw 2
    • Haven't Seen Either
    • Don't Like Either
    • other

Saw I. I felt Saw II was more... exploited.

Edited by sea trooper

Saw

I have to say that this movie is superb and very refreshing when it comes to the horror genre. I have seen the movie many times and haven't grown tired of it once. The story and actors are so well done, you will be glued to the screen the entire time. I'm not promising that this film will be scary, it's creepy but more of a thriller than actual monsters giving you nightmares.

Carey Elwes, Danny Glover and every other person does an excellent job in their roles and you feel for every single character and understand where they are coming from, even the Jigsaw Killer. Yes, there is a twist in the film and I have to tell you, I never saw it coming. Tobin Bell, the one who plays the villain of the film, said that the twist alone is the reason he likes the movie.

Saw 2

Saw 2 isn't the gory gross out movie that a lot have made it out to be, I think the first movie had more of that, but it still has it's moments of cringing scenes that are hard to watch. But what is Saw if it didn't have any of that in the film?

What makes this movie so great is that this gives a story to who the Jigsaw Killer really is. In the first film, he is rarely seen and portrayed as some kind of monster. In this film, he is on almost the entire time giving his story and it makes him more human and actually a little sympathetic. That's the basic idea of the film, people trying to escape Jigsaw's game is only a minor side story and not a major plot like in the original. This story is really made just to tell you a little bit about who Jigsaw really is.

Those people who had to solve a puzzle to live had an easy one to solve to the viewing audience. I figured out the answer fifteen minutes into the film, but it didn't hurt my enjoyment of the film. It's one of those things that if you don't figure it out by the end, you slap your forehead for not knowing how obvious it was saying "Of course!"

The actors do a great job. Tobin Bell really shines in the film since he finally has a lot of speaking parts in the film. He makes the character very convincing, intelligent and like I said before, actually sympathetic to the point you kind of feel sorry for him.

So overall, if you liked the first film, you will also like this one. Knowing Jigsaw more and seeing his human side is worth it alone, it puts a face on the character. But, I don't feel it is better than the first movie. Some of the things in this film were typical and not really original or rarely seen like what was in the first movie. I do recommend this film to fans, Saw 3 is right now being made and will be released this year and I welcome it