Sign in to follow this  

I figured out how to beat a cloaking device

Remember...that when a ship is cloaked, the shields must be down in order to cloak. Also, in episodes when they discovered a Klingon vessel that was disabled, with its shields down, they would scan for life signs. The hull doesnt block the scans. Why couldnt they just scan for life signs in the vicinity? It would only work if they saw a ship cloak itself. They couldnt just scan for life signs all the time, and if the ship went to warp, they'd be out of luck, but if one cloaked and stayed in the area, they could find it by scanning for life signs.

What do you think?

i think that while it proves you to be very smart but it also proves kirk and the rest are not so smart. STOP SHATTERING OUR LITTLE UNIVERES!!!! :D

i think that while it proves you to be very smart but it also proves kirk and the rest are not so smart. STOP SHATTERING OUR LITTLE UNIVERES!!!! :D

Sorry about that...I meant no hostility. lol

abakia, in one of the movies, kirk uses his sensors to see the heat vents on a klingon, ship, so it doesant stop censors.

It wasent the Vents that they looked for but the plasma leaving the vents just after it had left the range of the cloke

I think a ship would have to know the general vicinity of a cloaked ship in order to detect it. Otherwise the sensors wold just be poking in the dark. In ST VI They knew genreally where the ship was because it was firing at them and the torpedo was modified to detect the plasma. Plus you have to remember, the Bird of Prey that was attacking was a prototype that could fire while cloaked, it could be explained away by saying that there was a flaw in the design and that's why the torpedo was able to find the ship.

why don't they have a thermal thing on the main screen to detect the cloaking ship.Like soldiers use thermal goggles to see enemies hiding.

Hmm....could The Schimitar not be detected the same way Chang's Bird Of Prey was??

Besides that they'd be rehashing something from STVI, could it not work?

Hmm, I was always under the impression that the cloak masked all sensor readings, rendering the ship and it's inhabitants as undetectable. I'll have to do some investigating.