Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Is it too much to ask for?

I am currently having quite the problem. I don't have a regular source of electricity.

For the past six week my road has been subject to black outs at least once a week, always roughly at the same time and usually of a duration between 2 and 9 hours which means no dinner and no heat, not to mention the other disruptions. And all this is first blamed on a miraculously self fixing cable fault, then a blown fuse and then on an intermittant fault. Strange how it always happens at the same time though 7pm, on the dot. In my area there has been no increase in energy consumption, no new housing, and the building site we do have is locked down by dusk.

So I ask is it too much to ask for, for a warm dinner, light and warmth in the evenings.

The power companies answer is apparently yes!

Discuss

You guys aren't going to go and blow out the whole power grid in several states, are you? I wasn't exactly snickering the last time it happened, though I did have power at home but not at work.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

I happen to live in England! And it is just my road, the roads either side are fully lit like christmas trees during this!

We dont have states over hear. Ive been fortuante cant remember last time i had powercut, but then my memory isnt all that great, lol. I think your entire street sould talk to power company, if they dont do anything speak to a lawyer, there has to be somethign they can do, there making you pay for services that are inadaquate.

I agree, the call logger is actually making the company call us, instead of us call them. But all the same. this is a major hassel I could do with out!

I happen to live in England! And it is just my road, the roads either side are fully lit like christmas trees during this!

Oh sure, it starts in England, but before you know it.....BAM!! Clap on, clap of--I said CLAP ON, DARNIT!!!!

I wonder if it would be possible to use so much energy that you knock the power out of the entire country? Will ahve to try that one day, but will cost a fortune in Bills