Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Takara_Soong

Star Trek Celebration - Seattle, WA

Planet XPO and the Science Fiction Museum present Star Trek - The Show That Changed The World on September 8 - 10 at the Science Fiction Museum. There are only 400 seats available for the weekend event. Confirmed guests are Nichelle Nichols (Uhura, TOS), George Takei (Hikaru Sulu, TOS), Walter Koenig (Pavel Chekov, TOS), Grace Lee Whitney (Yeoman Janice Rand, TOS), Majel Barrett Roddenberry (Nurse Christine Chapel, TOS, Lwaxana Troi, TNG and computer voice), Jonathan Frakes (William T. Riker, TNG), Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi, TNG), Tim Russ (Tuvok, VOY), John Ruck (Captain Harriman, ST: Generations), Tracy Torme (TNG writing staff - season 1 & 2) and Rod Roddenberry (Trek Nation). For more information check out the Planet XPO website

Wow. Nice guest list! I wish we could get a super con here.We usually just get 1 or 2 decent guests at Shore Leave.

I am going to attend this convention. It looks awesome...partying at the Space Needle with the actors is a once in a lifetime event. They do have a new website www.planetxpo.net. Plus they just added John Billingsley from Enterprise to the guest list.

Wow... well I'll try to go, but I might not have the money. But, if I do go, and that's a big if, this would be my first con and I will not go in costum... I already have enough air time as it is on the radio show I'm on... I don't need to be on local TV in red TNG.

Majel Barrett Roddenberry isn't listed as a guest for this event anymore.

Additions to the guest list include John Billingsley (Dr. Phlox, ENT), Garrett Wang (Harry Kim, VOY), Jason Alexander (Kurras in the VOY episode Think Tank) and Gary Lockwood (Gary Mitchell in the TOS episode Where No Man Has Gone Before).

There are also a number of scientists and authors who will be attending.

There was a contest on ST.com to go to the con. I entered and the winners are posted on the 16. I hope I win.

Upon checking this event's website, I noticed that Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry is no longer listed as a guest.

On checking the site again, it seems that Majel Barrett and Rod Roddenberry are still appearing at this celebration.

Thanks for posting this, Trek Fan! Will there be any further reviews with perhaps transcriptions or quotes of part or all of what was said? I'm assuming you attended this event. What were your favorite moments?