Lt. Evans

Star Trek: Infinite

Do you like this idea?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. New Star Trek idea

• Unsure
    • No, I hate it
    • Yes, I really like it

I just hit upon an idea, while I was watching DS9, I'm sure we're all sad what with no NEW Star Trek on the way. As I was watching DS9 I started thinking about Jake's character and then Nog, and before long I was thinking of all the Trek children. Their futures were always discussed and thought about. I decided wouldn't in be nice if we could finally see them played out? At first I thought many of them wouldn't join Starfleet but then I remembered seeing Lieutenant Wesley during Star Trek: Nemesis getting ready to serve aboard the U.S.S Titan with Captain Riker. Icheb was preparing to join Star Fleet and seemed to have a bright future, and before I knew it I had come up with this! I just want to know does anyone think it's a good idea... or should I be shot for this? To tryand compensate I made Wesley the First Officer... not the captain, after all he is one of the least most popular Trek character ever. Just have a look before you judge...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
240x320.jpg

Captain Icheb (Commanding Officer)

320x240.jpg

Commander Wesley Crusher (First Officer)

Naomi2394.jpg

Lieutenant Naomi Wildman (Communication Officer)

Nog2375.jpg

Lieutenant Commander Nog (Chief Engineer)

240x320.jpg

Ensign Molly O'Brien (Counselor)

Jake_sisko.jpg

Civilian Jake Sisko (Federation News Service Correspondent)

Rugal.jpg

Ensign Rugal (Pilot + First Cardassian to join Starfleet)

I was thinking that we could give them a ship, long after the dominion war, a small ship mind, and perhaps quite old by that point. Something along the lines of this:

nova.jpg

I would personally like it to be called the U.S.S Infinite, that way this new Star Trek would be called Star Trek: Infinite, in concordance with recent Star Treks’ subtitle being named after the ship or station. Also I think that Star Trek: Infinite has a rather charming defiance about it, which would annoy critics of the series and films.

Again, if you’ve read this far, I would like to sum up by saying I know this idea will probably never be – but the more I think about it the more I like this idea, the more it seems destiny rather than luck. Perhaps it will just exist in our imaginations. Also, if anyone is having trouble imagining episode ideas, I already feel a few beginning to stir in my mind. I also appreciate we’re short a doctor and a security officer, but I was thinking since the holographic doctor was so successful, with fans, why not just have an EMH Mark VII or something? As for the security officer I was imagining a new alien race would play that role or perhaps a race we haven’t had the chance to explore during Star Trek.

So, what do you think?

I feel like a right idiot... the poll did work properly and I can't edit it. Oh, cruel fate. If an administrator stumbles on this post could you fix that, please? In the meantime can anyone who likes this ideas say so in there post... meanwhile I expect to get bad polls from everyone who doesn't.

Edited by Takara_Soong

You've mixed up the poll, man! What if I do like it?

I don't, btw.

Edited by Takara_Soong

the only problem I saw with your idea is that Rugal isn't the first Cardassian to join Starfleet. The first one to join Starfleet is in the Star Trek Titan novels

Edited by Gamera

"Yes, I really like it" option added to poll.

Aww... talk about helpful or what? B)

I like the design of the ship, by the way! 100 out of 50! :laugh:

Aww... talk about helpful or what? B)

I like the design of the ship, by the way! 100 out of 50! :laugh:

That is a real ship, the Nova class. Only two have been seen so far in Star Trek, the Equinox and the Rhode Island.

the only problem I saw with your idea is that Rugal isn't the first Cardassian to join Starfleet. The first one to join Starfleet is in the Star Trek Titan novels

I'll have to admit that Ensign Rugal was pushing it a bit, I just wanted to try and meet the crew quota without making up new characters like the 'EMH Mark VII' and the Alien tactical/security officer. Rugal is one of the 'Trek Children', the actor who played him (Vidal Peterson) also appeared as a Romulan child named D'Tan in The Next Generation. However, I don't read any Star Trek novels, I only own one which I haven't ever finished reading because it wasn't particularly good.

I like the idea. Keep us posted!

The reason I came up with this idea is because if Star Trek does make a return in some new incarnation it will arrive with new characters who are 2D and lack any real depth. I just thought that with a crew of previously established characters we would have to spend the first few episode fleshing out the characters and could get into action sooner rather than later, however - because now all these characters have met they would still have to spend time getting to know each other, possibly making reference to old trek.

Thanks, you can't imagine how annoying it was when I made that mistake.

Aww... talk about helpful or what? :laugh:

I like the design of the ship, by the way! 100 out of 50! B)

While I don't want to get sidetracked talking about the ship design, thanks, I picked this design from a list I found because I liked it to. I thought that since Icheb is a former Borg, Star Fleet wouldn't trust him with a large and modern Galaxy Class or powerful Sovereign class ship. Plus, I hate that they just keep churning out new ships so I thought why not use one which already exists? I figure that this could be a central plot line for Captain Icheb, the resentment he feels for being given a second-rate ship and then how he comes to love it.

With Wesley Crusher I thought that a bitter relationship of jealousy could exist between him and Icheb. Tjis would be because Wesley thinks that he should be captain, but a because of mistake on the U.S.S Titan Wesley has been short changed not only by being kept a commander but by being stuck on an out of date ship. I imagine Commander Crusher could become fond of saying:

"You know why they call this ship the Infinite, don't you? Because that's how long I'm stuck here."

Naomi is aboard the U.S.S Infinite at the request of Captain Icheb, who was allowed to request ONE specific crewman of his choice. Her unwavering loyalty to Icheb is not only because of there long standing childhood friendship but because she has secret feelings for him, but doesn't want to get involved with Icheb at the risk of losing him because her mother and father were seperated during Voyager... and fears losing the person she loves so much that she won't ever get involved. Then when she lets her guard down she gets involved with Ensign Rugal and realises that she may have missed any chance of being with Icheb.

----

No idea about the other characters yet, I'll keep you posted - if enough people like this idea I might write something more about it, like a test script.

B) B) :o :)

If one time guests are sufficient, there are a number of other children who were seen in episodes of TNG that you can choose from.

• Jeremy Aster in The Bonding
  • Jake and Willie Potts in Brothers
  • Clara Sutter in Imaginary Friend
  • Marissa, Jay Gordon or Patterson in Disaster
  • Timothy in Hero Worship

to name but a few.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Just to elaborate on what Takara said, the children from Disaster have last names:

Marissa Flores

Patterson Supera

and Jay Gordon (who was already named)

Just to elaborate on what Takara said, the children from Disaster have last names:

Marissa Flores

Patterson Supera

and Jay Gordon (who was already named)

Thanks for adding that however Gordon was not a surname. His full name was Jay Gordon Graas.

What I thought:

320x240.jpg

Jeremy Aster - No

Jake_Potts.jpg

Jake Potts - No

Willie_Potts.jpg

Willie Potts - No

Clara_sutter.jpg

Clara Sutter - Possibly, it would be interesting if the crew met her during one of their adventures

Jay_Gordon_Graas.jpg

Jay Gordon Grass - Yes, the Infinite doesn't have a science officer, I could see him taking on the role, assuming he joined Starfleet when he was old enough.

180px-Marissa_Flores.jpg

Marissa Flores - Yes, but I wouldn't see her on the U.S.S Infinite, I could see her growing up to be the First Officer of a different ship

180px-Patterson_Supra.jpg

Patterson Supra - No

180px-Timothy.jpg

Timothy - No, though I imagine he did go on to join Starfleet

---

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm seriously thinking about taking this further, when I have a spare moment. Basically, rather than create a load of new characters I want to see or even write a story which includes previously established characters.