Sign in to follow this  
Gary Phaserman

A close encounter

Okay, so I'm on my way home from 7/11 about ten minutes ago, and as I turn onto the street I live on, I notice something odd at one of the apartment buildings. There's a police officer with his dog out there. Okay, probably not a big deal. then I notice who he's talking to. Now, I don't know many Civilian PD's in the US who's normal duty gear includes Woodlands BDUs, Combat Body Armor, and MP5's. Yes, folks, I got a close up look at Zion's finest, the SWAT team. Looks like they chose a Drug bust to go off "At first light". Now, I knew ZPD had a SWAT team, and I've met a few of their number at the ZPD Open House, but this is a first. I've never seen the SWAT in action. Boy am I glad, though, that I wasn't the one staring down the business end of that group of guys. Anyone else ever had a "Close Encounter of the Heavily Armed kind"?

I can't say that I have that invonter. I am glad they are out there.

Just once. A group of friends and I were walking down the street to the bar. Suddenly, we were stopped by the New Orleans PD, FBI, and DEA. And by "stopped" I mean these guys were jumping out of cars and running around corners towards us with their guns pointed at us, screaming, "Get up against the wall and put your hands behind your head!"

They thought we were running drug operations. Big ones. They thought this becuase one of us had gone into an abandoned house that they thought was a drug lair to drop of his pack. (It wasn't a drug house, it was a squat. And to clarify, at this time we were all street kids.) After searching us, all they found was a combined total of about $30, 2 packs of cigarettes, and one marijuana pipe with some resin in it. Big drug operation, indeed. :eekout:

The guy with the pipe was arrested because he was on probation. The rest of us were released.

Edited by wishfire

Yeap, that was a big arrest all right. Sorry to hear that you have to face something like that in your life.

Eh, it's ancient history. We got a good laugh out of it though... One of the guys I was with had his skateboard with him. While they were running our names, one of the cops decided to try to do a kick flip on it. He fell flat on his butt. :eekout:

Edited by wishfire

I would laughing until I hit the ground and gasping for air. :eekout:

my close encounter was with the FBI. it took place five years ago back when i was a senior in high school. i wasn't in trouble but someone else was. i was asked questions and asked how i knew the person and stuff. how they acted etc. i think it was about half an hour or so. it was freaky. the FBI coming to the door you don't get that stuff. the thing was that a disturbed student who was in some of my clasess and knew people i knew bought guns and bombs to school with the intent of harming people. fortunatly he didn't. it still weird because the anniversary of him doing that is valentines day. that's my close encounter which i hope never happens again.

tm

wf, that's an awesome and weird story. Well-told.

STVF21's story just reminded me of one incident that I'd forgotten about. In college, I woke up one morning and discovered the fire extinguisher laying in the hallway, having been played with. I told the maintenance staff, they called the police, and the police were up and investigating the instance. I was asked a couple questions, but that was it. Nothing really.