Sign in to follow this  
Beware of BAKKE

Microsoft XBOX 360

Microsoft really goofed up this sapposed "LARGEST PRODUCT LAUNCH" being that I work at a place where these units are sold.. and when they first came out we got eight.. four of each... That just plain stupid! anyway.. What are your Opinions on these units? would you buy one? any intresting stories on problems with them...

Edited by Beware of BAKKE

I worked that night and my Wal-Mart store got about 44 units. Overall, Microsoft has failed miserably. According to some news channels and sites, Microsoft is losing about $150 on each unit being produced, plus they had massive delays in manufacturing.

i've heard stories of electrical problems. reminds me when the original came out. that's why i'm so not wanting an xbox of any type.

The list of known problems include. but are not limited to. nor saying that they truely occured just commonly heard facts..

Blue screen of Death *common to PC componets.. AKA Xbox is a PC...*

Black screen of Death *common to NT operating system.. programming glitch*

Error message in all known languages *sorry.. this one is just funny.. BTW that is all language packs inside

the Xbox BTW*

Fire from the power supply

Fire from the unit

Overheating

System failure

Power button caving in on itself

causing communication failure to other wirless devices (BTW according to one site.. that is why all systems had to be redone with a wired controller in Retail stores.. due to a problem noted in Wal-mart *including in my home town my friend told me that the printers were all failing at Walmarts Photo lab.. and the LRT stopped working to do inventory..

and other such dandy problems

every time a the 1st Next Gen System comes out it fails, Turbo Graphix 16, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, and so on, sure the sales are good at 1st, but when the competition comes out, they are forgotten, it doesnt surprise at all about the 360, because once the New Nintendo, Sony and Magnovox systems come out the 360 will be dead,

Never gonna get one.. heard it melts discs.. and i would not take a chance with so much of my money... i'll maybe wait for a yr till they actually get to refine it a little bit.. plus, then i get to see what the PS3 and Revolution will be like... (i'm betting on the PS3)

Wait.. I missed that.. Magnavox is putting one out??

Ok, here is what I can share on the whole Magnavox part.

There is the Magnavox Odyssey, which was brought out in the 1970's

The Magnavox Odyssey

It seems to be somewhat like the Atari system, and you may recognize some of it too... for some odd reason I do, though I swore I never played on that system :eekout:

Outside of that, I cannot find anything on any new systems put out by Magnavox unless they are doing so as a partnership with Nintendo or Sony.

Me, I am going to stick with my GameCube & GameboySP... and of course wait for the PS3 to come out and of course wait for it to come down in price a bit (since so far it seems like it will be backwards compatible with the other games).

Im waiting for PS3 personally, not that i was want, its that i want a PS2 so once 3 is out 2 will be dirt cheap like number 1.

Im waiting for PS3 personally, not that i was want, its that i want a PS2 so once 3 is out 2 will be dirt cheap like number 1.

I have a used PS2 that we ended up trading games and another console for. Places like EB Games is pretty good with that. Sadly we have all kinda played that system to death, between Beware's Monster Rancher and Soul Calibur and games like those... and EmilSoong, her daughter, our mother and I all playing Karaoke Revolutions to death. It makes it so soon we may need a new PS2... though the PS3 is tempting.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

The PS3 is supposed to be very expensive. I've heard rumors that it can cost upwards of 500 dollars or more...

uh.. That link leads me to one notion... what ever happened to unique sysems??? they all look the same.. the Xbox 360 looks about the same as the PS3 and the Revolution! what gives???

Maybe thier marketing departments all came to the same conclusion about how the future would look. The PS3 can come in three colours, silver, black, and white and the Xbox 360 does have removable faceplates, however.

And the Revolution also comes in diffrent colors according to that site..

Hey Yillara just because the Drive makes noises "CLICK CLICK CLICK" and the picture wavers some times.. doesn't mean we've killed it yet......wait... never mind I pull my last statement.. :eekout:

you people really need. http://www.smashourstuff.com

LOL

Hey Yillara just because the Drive makes noises "CLICK CLICK CLICK" and the picture wavers some times.. doesn't mean we've killed it yet......wait... never mind I pull my last statement..

Or while trying to sing: the music of "Are You Happy Now" is playing while the lyrics to "I've Got You Under My Skin" scrolls by, while strange crackly noises happen. Either that PS2 is possessed or it is giving up the ghost... eh anyways we always end up keeping game consoles until they die completely or can be repaired in some manner.

I remember people making such a fuss at how they wanted a XBox... and now they too have joined many others in saying it was not really that much to write home about.

The PS3 is supposed to be very expensive. I've heard rumors that it can cost upwards of 500 dollars or more...

I've read the same thing, except when I read it they said 500 Australian dollars. *shrugs*

The Market Department at Sony would be retarded if they made the system cost THAT much.. I work Retail.. and I can tell you.. Guests don't want to shell out the money for their kids for one.. and the only people who would are rich OR extreme Gamers... I say they need to make a device which connects to online you pay a small monthly fee and play several hundred games. and if you want to store them you pay for the game it stores it in a internal hard drive. OR it can have a built in DVD/CD burner which will encode special disks. wait... ::writes this down:: heheh perhaps I should build one! :eekout:

Or while trying to sing: the music of "Are You Happy Now" is playing while the lyrics to "I've Got You Under My Skin" scrolls by, while strange crackly noises happen. Either that PS2 is possessed or it is giving up the ghost... eh anyways we always end up keeping game consoles until they die completely or can be repaired in some manner.

But that is just funny... BTW I personally hope the Karoke disks are in the machine when it dies :blink: hehehe!!

But that is just funny... BTW I personally hope the Karoke disks are in the machine when it dies :eekout: hehehe!!

You are cruel, little brother... very cruel :blink: BUt why would you want that? You'd lose out too... you are not big into singing and I know that, but you too have participated on the final volume and have done really well for someone who hates singing into microphones and trying to match the tones (which you know is not easy to do when you have a way different style of voice. Think of when I have to be stuck with a Britney Spears song, and I am more comfortable with an Evanescence or even a Gwen Steffani, A Perfect Circle, Avril Lavigne song when it comes to voices. Or :lol: Getting stuck with that ridiculous Garth Brooks song :lol: ) And you know I will avoid singing into microphones if I can help it, singing musical theater style (meaning w/o microphone) is much more comfortable because that way I KNOW that it won't deafen people... that is why when I play the game I do not "sing out" as mom & our sister think I should and instead I am almost whispering.

And besides those discs get mysteriously tossed or damaged and our mother would kick you in the rear because she will KNOW you are the one to blame! She hates some of the idiosynchrasies of the game (see above about matching voices that are not in your comfort area... we all know she gets stuck with stuff from Marvin Gaye, when she is much stronger with Cher and did extremely well with Hoobastank, A Perfect Circle & Evanescence whether she believes that or not.)

But Ma likes that game series and she too cannot wait for Volume 5 to come out, just like EmilSoong and I! Oh and Evee too... she even tells us when she wants to play the game or when she wants us to play Karaoke. If those discs go you are going to be dealing with the three of us, plus a VERY ticked off little 1 year old niece you DO realise that right?

ok back to the topic subject at hand

The Market Department at Sony would be retarded if they made the system cost THAT much.. I work Retail.. and I can tell you.. Guests don't want to shell out the money for their kids for one.. and the only people who would are rich OR extreme Gamers... I say they need to make a device which connects to online you pay a small monthly fee and play several hundred games. and if you want to store them you pay for the game it stores it in a internal hard drive. OR it can have a built in DVD/CD burner which will encode special disks. wait... ::writes this down:: heheh perhaps I should build one! :blink:

I believe there IS a place where you can go and pay a small fee and play hundreds of games. And they have a ton of the classics too. I do not watch much in the way of tv, but because I am sleeping out in the living room for the time being I caught this site being mentioned on late night TV.....but sadly cannot remember what it was called.

If I see the commercial again, I will of course post it here. And if you are home B.o.B. then I will try and get you to see it too. I do not think it was SBC Yahoo, but when I did a search for online gaming that one did pop up.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

I am just going to wait for awhile to think about buying an XBox.

I caught this site being mentioned on late night TV.....but sadly cannot remember what it was called.

Gamestop or something like that.. I'm up till around 2 remember and is a TV freak... but anyway.. I'm not talking of a site to which to play on your PC.. I'm saying that if you had a Console system with internet. you'll choose your game download it into the box and play.

I caught this site being mentioned on late night TV.....but sadly cannot remember what it was called.

Gamestop or something like that.. I'm up till around 2 remember and is a TV freak... but anyway.. I'm not talking of a site to which to play on your PC.. I'm saying that if you had a Console system with internet. you'll choose your game download it into the box and play.

say hello to the nintendo revoltuion folks....