Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Trivia New Year

Hello all and a Happy New Year,

I'm going to Edinburgh for a few days on Thursday so Master_Q will be taking this weeks trivia and I believe he has a nice selection of audio clues for you all so it'll be something different.

Make sure you send your answers/queries for this weeks questions to him and not myself or Jack. Enjoy the week and good luck to everyone. Myself and Jack will be back hosting the following week.

Good Luck!

Matt

It's 2006!! Happy New Year!

Master Q will be guest hosting this week on the message board with some audio trivia. B)

Obviously please send your answers to this week's questions to me, master_q, in PM (preferably only one PM with all of your answers).

Please be sure to check the box "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder". And after you send it in, make sure it is in your sent folder. As long as it is there, I got the PM.

Good to be here. Look forward to guest hosting.

Because I don't have mod controls (which probably makes some happy!), I will just bump this up.

Hmmm....Maybe I might add a random trivia question or two B)

I was going to put together a "Math Olympics" (good chance no one would attempt it, though :laugh: ), but just didn't have the time....and don't want to get it ready now. Maybe tomorrow I will throw it together. It will be easier then you think! And, if you never studied "higher" mathematics (pure mathematics), this would give you a peek. (But then I might throw that idea out the window and try something different without having to give a big lecture with the few questions...) We shall see.

But in the mean time.....you got 11 questions. Go for them! I should have a few more PMs then I have right now. Like to see my PM inbox with more trivia PMs. Good Luck!

Final Chance!

Send In Your Answers Before 7:00 PM (US/Eastern) tomorrow (Saturday)

Note: Obviously I have not put together a "Math Olympics" for the trivia. I did, however, start to put something together but thought it was a little more complex then I wanted it to be. My goal was to put together a few basic questions on set theory and graph theory without assuming prior knowledge of the subjects. So I started to put together a small (laymen) introduction guide to set theory and then to graph theory. But as stated it did not work out.....it just seemed like too much information to absorb for someone new to the subjects. (Even if I taken out graph theory, which by the way has nothing to do with graphing functions, like in high school.) Next time, maybe.

Believe it or not, there are a few really interesting laymen books on higher mathematics. For example...anything by Keith Devlin (a.k.a. NPR's "the math guy") is generally good.

master_q, I really missed you. You may not always be fair and balanced. But you sure are interesting.

master_q, I really missed you. You may not always be fair and balanced. But you sure are interesting.

Thank you so much for your very kind words. I really appreciate them. Thanks again. :laugh: