Bloggeth thou?

Whoso bloggeth?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. RU 1337 BLOGGER?

• OMG!! WERD!! Here and elsewhere
    • Ya fersher, but only here, ya hayderr
    • Straight trippin', I do, but not on this site
    • No, I'd rather be a blumberjack than a blogger
    • Yeah, every holiday, I blog after too much vodka. That's blogging right? The sound you make when vomiting? It's not? Oops, nevermind.

I'm sure there've been several polls about this, but I don't feel like digging them up right now.

If you do, where and why?

If not, why not?

I'll start by admitting that I don't. Blogging, to me, is like an online diary. I tried keeping a diary when I was younger, and I just didn't take to it then. So what makes anyone, including me, think I'd be any better at keeping a blog?

Putting out random thoughts in blog format as such would probably also require a fair amount of explanation as per my thought processes. I can't even explain my screen name on this site without further confusing people. Besides which, even when I have to explain myself, I find I do it best with my voice. Vocal inflections have no equal substitute, imo.

It may be a great way of keeping tabs with loved ones, but so are emails, phone calls, letters, and the occasional "thinking of you" card, all of which my family does to some degree or another.

What would I put up anyway? The most would be funny work stories, and let's face it, unless it's a zinger of a punchline (like the racist lady who complained on the phone to a black manager about us employing minorities), half the humor in a work story comes in actually knowing the people involved. Well sorry, no one who would actually read my blog, or that I'd want reading my blog, knows my coworkers. Blogs are often places for random thoughts as well, and frankly, I've found through my experiences that no one really cares what you think, so why bother? No one wants to hear about the dream you had last night, and only those who agree with you want to hear your political/religious/cinematic/culinary/musical/etc views.

I have no vendetta with those who do keep blogs. I'm just curious why. I'll try to keep my argumentative side in check here, and just learn to say, "Well, that's a feeling that I don't have on the subject matter."

I voted for the last one....

I didn't even understand what any of my options were besides the last one, which cracked me up.

But no, I don't bloggeth.

Yes. LOTES. (Isn't a typo)

And no, I'm not giving out the URL.

and we care...why?