Sign in to follow this  
Dark Reality

John DeLancie on Stargate SG-1

Well, isn't this interesting. I was flipping channels at my girlfriend's sister's house (they have cable - we don't) and I noticed Stargate SG-1 was on. I saw one episode that didn't really impress me, but nothing else was on, and I liked the movie (Stargate, 1994) so I thought I'd give it another shot. I came in late and ended up missing most of the episode, but what I did catch was a cameo appearance by John DeLancie, who plays Q in several episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation, one episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and a few episodes of Star Trek: Voyager (not sure if he pestered Capt. Archer's crew on Star Trek Enterprise or not - haven't seen that one).

I had my digital camera with me - really, I never leave home without it :blink: - so I took a couple pictures of the TV set. The first didn't come out very well, but I did alright with the second one.

qonsg17so.th.jpg

Sorry if this has already been posted; the only Stargate area I see is a link to the Stargatefans.net forum. Also I don't know if this was a new episode or a rerun.

DeLancie played some kind of auditor; he was asking the entire SG-1 crew about an incident, involving Col. Jack O'Neil, if I remember correctly. The general or captain or whichever leader they have (see, I'm not that familiar with the show) was making all these phone calls trying to figure out who DeLancie's character is, but not getting anywhere. (Unless I was missing something, if his credentials didn't add up, he should have been tossed right out - they are in a government facility, aren't they?)

This is a rerun from several years ago. He made a few appearances and his character has been killed off. I'm not a Stargate expert but I did see the episode with his death. Numerous other Star Trek actors have appeared on Stargate: Marina Sirtis, Dwight Schultz, Jolene Blalock, John Billingsley and Robert Picardo, off the top of my head. And no Q never appeared on Enterprise.

Yeah, That's Col. Frank Simmons. A Shame He's Dead Now.

Marina Sirtis, Dwight Schultz, Jolene Blalock, John Billingsley and Robert Picardo

And Ronny Cox, Who Played Captain Jelico In "Chain Of Command" And Colm Meany Has Appeared On Stargate Atlantis Twice.

OK, thanks for clearing this up for me. I had a heck of a time finding this - I posted it in the Holodeck/20th Century Entertainment forum, and it wound up here. Makes sense, I guess... good thing I know how to search for my topics. :blink:

Cameos are always nice to see when you catch them. B)

here's a pic of dwight schultz in the episode called the gamekeeper

dssg1.jpg

Edited by stvoyagerfan21

Dark Reality, I don't think what you saw or took with your camera was correct. It is most people's perception that John played some sort of auditor. From my professional point of view, he actually was playing Q from the ST universe and we ALL know that Q can do anything. He actually decided to visit SG1. Really, he's not dead. Q can't die. They really can't.....

*** rants on and on ****

really its impossible. Q can't die. No way.

:assimilated:

**** rants on some more ******

Edited by krysis