Sign in to follow this  
Lollypop

New Computer

Well we have had to get a new computer. Last Wednesday night we downloaded 2 new drivers for graphics. Thursday, and Friday everything worked fine. Friday night we downloaded the latest Windows update. Turned off the machine and that was it, it wouldn't start up again. it wouldn't even let us reformat. Saturday a friend came round and put in a Floppy disc, and went into DOS. It said it couldn't find our C drive. So there was only one thing we could do. ' Buy another computer '

We still haven't given up on the other one yet.

There is such a lot to catch up with on the board. :laugh:

I’m sorry to hear about your computer.

It sounds like my old computer. After I did some partitions on my HD it worked out fine. Later on I then decided to merge my 2 win partitions (I had three partitions. One was for another OS). When I did that my computer still said “such in such space on C drive,” but it should have been double that. My computer’s CD-RW driver the same day also (for what ever reason) was corrupted and then I restarted my computer. Once it booted back it did not load win 95 (I only could load my other OS). I did not have a floppy on hand. So I tried to just use a CD, but because the driver was gone DOS did not even recognize the drive.

I fixed a lot of it, but I never really got the chance to fix some of the other problems I had (yes, I had a few more). It was good computer and once in a while I still go on it, but that computer can drive me nuts.

Welcome back!

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

downloading.gif

So that's where you have been off to, glad you made it back on board hopefully for good, we'll be here when you get caught up.