Sign in to follow this  
zipkirk1966

Singer Considers Trek Movie

Here is something I found on Sci-Fi channel web site

Bryan Singer, an avowed Star Trek fan, told SCI FI Wire that he's thought about directing a Trek movie. "I'm a huge fan," Singer said in an interview at the Nov. 30 premiere of the SCI FI Channel's upcoming original miniseries The Triangle, which he executive-produced with Dean Devlin.

Singer added: "We're huge Trekkies. And we've always talked about what we would do, and what would I do, if I were to make a film in that universe."

It's unclear when or if Paramount will mount another Trek film, since its last effort, Star Trek: Nemesis, did poorly at the box office and the last Trek series, Star Trek: Enterprise, was canceled after drawing low ratings.

Singer has kept a strong link with the Trek universe. He made a cameo appearance in Nemesis. He also worked on the last two X-Men films with The Next Generation's Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard). Singer is currently finishing Superman Returns and is working on his next project, an update of the SF movie Logan's Run.

"Again, you know, it's the same thing: X-Men, Superman, Logan's Run, all these things: There are these incredible universes, really," Singer said, adding: "You kind of wish you could play in them all. I mean, I got to do a cameo in the last Star Trek film; that was a thrill. I got to be on the Enterprise when it was under attack."

As for what he would do in his version of a Star Trek movie? "[That's] a longer story," he said. "It would involve ... it would be big. It would be very big."

What do you all think about this??

Brian

Sounds interesting, I'd really only be interested in seeing 1 of 2 storylines made into movies though. 1. would be anything DS9 and 2. would be Enterprise with the Romulan war and foundation of the Federation.

Another reaction to the above has nothing to do with Star Trek, they're remaking Logan's Run? As a kid in the 70's I always liked the Michael York movie and the series was ok also but I just wish Hollywood would get away from their "remake mania" and come up with some new and fresh ideas.

I'd love to see Singer and Devlin make a Trek film. So many of the others have been done by "Trek people"... It would be interesting to see what a couple "outside people" could do with and for the franchise.

I agree I hope he brings something new to the table and at the same time don't try to change what Star Trek is all about. As for the remakes there are some movies that just need to be left alone lol.

Brian

Singer's comments do have to make you wonder whether he is one of the people that Patrick Stewart was referring to with his recent comments on another movie.

Singer's comments do have to make you wonder whether he is one of the people that Patrick Stewart was referring to with his recent comments on another movie.

Makes sense. Stewart has worked with Singer and I think he likes him so I think Singer directing a movie would be enough fto convince Stewart to be in it.

Well, Bryan Singer already convinced Pat to play Xavier in X Men (Pat didn't want to do it at first, but Singer kept asking him until he finally said OK), so it's entirely possible he'll convince him to play Picard again, or that he's the reason why Pat said he'd like to play Picard again in another TNG movie. I like the idea of Bryan Singer directing, he's a huuuuuge Trek fan, but I'm afraid I don't like the idea of Pat playing Picard again ( :P ) , so... I don't know what to make of all this. :angry:

i think singer would do trek fans proud if he helmed the next filme whenever that may be. it'd be great to have someone who is a fan and knows the trek universe.

tm :angry: