Sign in to follow this  
KIMIMELA

Alec Newman is so fit!

Oh My Goodness guys, I was reading the new copy of Star Trek magazine and I came across a really fit character..... I just fell for him!

I was reading the article and I found that his name was Alec Newman. I've never seen him before and I think he is one of the fittest actors I have ever seen!

I know this is not really appropriate, but OMG!

Does he play in Deep Space Nice, or Voyager or Enterprise? What's the character's name?

I found this at the Internet Movie Data Base.

I also found a Alec Newman website here: Alec Newman.Com

I don't know which Trek he was on. Sorry. :angry:

Biography for

Alec Newman (I)

Birth name

Mark Newman

Height

5' 9" (1.75 m)

Mini biography

Alec Newman was born in Glasgow on the 27th of November 1974. Raised both in Scotland and England he joined the National Youth theater at 17 after injury ruled out a career in soccer. There he played various roles most notably Iago in Shakespeare's Othello. Upon finishing his training both at the NYT and then at LAMDA, Newman went straight to work both on television and in the theater, appearing in the obligatory Scots cop show Taggart and playing leading roles at Edinburgh's Royal Lyceum. Playing guest leads in several of Britain's leading network shows led Newman to his debut feature G:MT Greenwich Mean Time (1999), where he won critical acclaim for his performance. However, he has consistently returned to the British theater, working with Cate Blanchett in the West end production of "Plenty", and leading a revival of Max Frisch's "Andorra" at London's Young Vic. Continued screen appearances include a reprisal of Paul Atreides in "Children of Dune" (2003) (mini) and the title role in Frankenstein (1994) alongside Luke Goss, Donald Sutherland, and Julie Delpy. The hard hitting independent, The Principles of Lust (2003), will hit screens in early 2004, further assurance of Newman's presence in British film after an appearance in Stephen Fry's debut Bright Young Things (2003). Newman currently lives in North London.

Trivia

His father is Sandy Newman of the 70s Scotish group, 'Marmalade'.

Father moved his family from Glasgow, Scotland to London, England when Alec was 3.

Considered a life as a football player before breaking his leg

He joined the NYT at the age of sixteen and left in 1995.

Personal quotes

"I Went to the gym every day, I was terrified I'd look fat. The guy playing Feyd, Matt Keeslar (Feyd has a pivotal fight with Paul) is incredibly fit. So I figured, 'If I'm going to be half-naked opposite this guy, then don't eat that chocolate. And stay off the beer.' Didn't quite manage that last one." - On getting in shape for Dune 2000.

Edited by APW

Here's a picture of Alec Newman as Malik:

cs15.jpg

It was the best I had on my hard drive. The ones I have of him are all quite dark as Klingon ships aren't known for their brightness. :angry: And...okay, I'll admit it...most of my screen caps feature another actor who appeared in that arc. :blush 2:

Edited by Takara_Soong

Oh Indeed Alec Newman is quite a Fit Man Handsome and Cute-Attractive as well (was in the Mini-Series "Dune and "Children Of Dune"and also in the Augment Arc on Ent as well as a brief role on "Angel" T.V series (year 5).

:angry: :P ;) :P

Is also one of the reasons he was on my favorite Men Lists of Names back in August of this Year just forgot to add Matt Kesler as well.

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I recognised him right away. All I can say is

O...M...G! :angry:

Ok girls...we're in competiton! First one to kiss him wins!

*Kisses a photo on her monitor*

I WIN! :angry:

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx